Allowing teeny to explore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amanda :)

5 Year Member
Hello all,

I'v rehomed one of my tortoises and now
I only have Teeny, however since Rehoming tiny he's all sad (he was very active) now he wants to sleep! :( he is still eating and drinking fine, so I'm hoping he'll be all friendly again!

Now on a few occasions i'v let teeny walk around our lounge as he seems to enjoy it, however he constantly poops and wee's so I have to put him on an extremelly large towel to ensure he doesn't mess the floor..

Do any of you fabulous people have any advice or knowledge on how I can allow him to Explore without worrying about his messiness or will teeny always be like this? As soon as the weather is warm he'll be free to go in the garden but I'd like him to be free inside also! :)

Any advice/comments will be very appreciated!

Amanda xx

slowpoke

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
colorado springs, colorado
im not sure there is a way to potty trian a tortoise , but i do know that sassy (my female) even after her soakings will poop more after i get her out of the water ive even tried to leave her in the water longer to make sure she gets all her poop out but she will save some for me for some reason ... i think she finds it funny to poop in my hand on the way back to her habitat ...

and i think teeny will cheer up sooner or later ...

Talka

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
If he's on a carpet, buy Spot Shot stain remover and hope for the best. If it's hardwood floors, I suppose there's nothing to worry about. He'll perk up, but he'll never be potty trained.

Status
Not open for further replies.