Almost died, but my sweet Artemis was Safe!

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon Coast
So, recently there was a really bad flu bug going around and I , of course, caught it. But I also have uncontrollable epileptic seizures. And I only realized that I had Aspiration Pneumonia after I had tried to just tough it out for 4 weeks straight ...(!!!!)
It turns out that I had waited way, way too long to go to the emergency room, and if I didn't go in for emergency surgery, I would have only lived 4 -7 days longer. Pretty scary to have 4 different doctors say the same thing to you!
But I was so worried about my Red Foot , Artemis! She was all that I could think about the whole time. I really wasn't very trusting of anyone in my life to take proper care of my poor little girl while I was taken by ambulance to Portland, OR, another 3 hours away for surgery.
I was shocked when my boyfriend gave her daily soaks. He misted her and her enclosure. Picked her clover and dandelions to go with her feeding regimen. And sent me daily videos of her walking around and eating happily!
When I got home, he still had to feed her for me because I was unable to move very much.
Artemis looks great! She MUST have been treated good, because she is more than happy to come to our voices and follow us around her table!
I was so scared for my pretty girl. I'm so happy!
My boyfriend of 8 years is my Tortoise Superman!
I love this guy!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Wow, so glad your okay. Don't do that again! You have a keeper in that guy of yours, even though you didn't think he was paying attention he did a great job. Now if guys could learn to act like they are paying attention better, right!
Glad your all doing good.

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
How scary! I'm glad you're okay, and you made it to the hospital in time. Sometimes we think we are the only ones who can give the best care to our loved ones, and it a great relief when we find out there are others that will do it as well. Your boyfriend is wonderful. I don't think my husband would pay much attention to Charlie if I was in the hospital.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
So, recently there was a really bad flu bug going around and I , of course, caught it. But I also have uncontrollable epileptic seizures. And I only realized that I had Aspiration Pneumonia after I had tried to just tough it out for 4 weeks straight ...(!!!!)
It turns out that I had waited way, way too long to go to the emergency room, and if I didn't go in for emergency surgery, I would have only lived 4 -7 days longer. Pretty scary to have 4 different doctors say the same thing to you!
But I was so worried about my Red Foot , Artemis! She was all that I could think about the whole time. I really wasn't very trusting of anyone in my life to take proper care of my poor little girl while I was taken by ambulance to Portland, OR, another 3 hours away for surgery.
I was shocked when my boyfriend gave her daily soaks. He misted her and her enclosure. Picked her clover and dandelions to go with her feeding regimen. And sent me daily videos of her walking around and eating happily!
When I got home, he still had to feed her for me because I was unable to move very much.
Artemis looks great! She MUST have been treated good, because she is more than happy to come to our voices and follow us around her table!
I love this guy!
Aaaahh such a lovely story. He sounds like a keeper. Glad you are okay as well.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Good story and yes, the boyfriend is to keep.
Glad you made it through despite waiting almost too late!!!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I love this guy!
Glad you are better and home again.
I often wonder who I could trust to look after my tort if I had to go into hospital.
Your boyfriend has been brilliant!