Almost impossible to purchase a freaking tortoise!!!

RedFootDan

Location (City and/or State)
Metairie,LA
Can someone please point me in the right direction to a competent person to purchase a redfoot or cherry head tortoise hatchling/yearling or possible group?
I’ve tried contacting multiple RECOMMENDED businesses and personal ads from Fauna/Kingsnake and people either are non responsive, don’t ship, etc...

I’ve been keeping dendrobates (poison dart frogs) for over 15 years. My daughter wants a tortoise and I’m desperately trying to help her acquire one, but I’m truly getting discouraged. Tell me this is just a rare experience we are going through. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Can someone please point me in the right direction to a competent person to purchase a redfoot or cherry head tortoise hatchling/yearling or possible group?
I’ve tried contacting multiple RECOMMENDED businesses and personal ads from Fauna/Kingsnake and people either are non responsive, don’t ship, etc...

I’ve been keeping dendrobates (poison dart frogs) for over 15 years. My daughter wants a tortoise and I’m desperately trying to help her acquire one, but I’m truly getting discouraged. Tell me this is just a rare experience we are going through. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Definitely recommend Tortstork.

harrythetortoise

Virginia
Tortoisesupply has juvenile redfoot tortoises.

I think they also have other baby ones such as some star tortoises and leopard tortoises.

Quixx66

Louisiana
Kamp Kenan sells them but I don’t know anything about him as a breeder. I just like his YouTube show.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I’m sure he’s a good guy and all but I’ve had communication issues when it comes to inquiring about animals with him. Could have been because he was moving during that time
(just a guess). I requested more information/ pics about two different animals and about a week apart. Had to email and text him to get a response.
New house.
All new pens being built and a toddler that can now walk by himself
He gets pretty busy