Always so dirty

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyV

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Winslow AZ
Bella digs in under her hide hole...it's a natural slab rock out of the desert and she has two wooden ones, but she digs in really well all the time and she stays dirty......shouldn't she be out and about some...it is hot though

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
It's normal for them to be digging that much when it's that hot. And mine us ALWAYS dirty :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Tortoises will take cover during the hottest part of the day. Usually out and about earlier in the a.m. and later in the early evening, when it's a little cooler.

jhigh81

5 Year Member
I live in AZ too. Mine burys himself during the day, and comes out in the morning and night. I sometimes wet his hole down a little and he loves that. He also soaks in his water bowl alot.

LadyV

5 Year Member
Winslow AZ
Thanks guys...she so much more active back home....been here for a little over 2 years now, ans she is a little dirt wad all time.....I have to rinse her well before she gets a soak or she soaking in a mud puddlw

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
In the wild, Russians spend more than 50% of their time underground. She's doing what comes naturally to her... digging! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.