Am I Being a Good Sulcata Mom?

Meghan_sarg1523

Hi! I've owned my sulcata, Bubba, for a little over a year now and he was a few months old when I got him. From what I can see he is growing wonderfully! But I always wonder if he's as happy as he could be. He generally has quite the attitude with us. I know sulcatas can be pretty aggressive, but sometimes I feel like Bubba just really isn't happy where he is. I want to provide the best possible for him but I feel like whatever I try makes it worse. I just want a happy Bubba for the rest of my life. Is there anyone who would talk with me about my setup and maybe discuss what I can do to change it and make my Bubba a happy and healthy little (for now) Sulcata? Please let me know! I could really use the help.

Attachments

• 20170710_165614.jpg
    20170710_165614.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 31

Stuart S.

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Paris, Texas
Hi Meghan and welcome!

When you say aggressive towards you, what does he specifically do?

What is your set up like for him? His daily diet? Etc? Do you have any pictures of him? Where did you eat him from?

I'm sorry for all the questions, they just help us know what his current environment is like!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I agree, tell us all about the husbandry. Set up, lights used, temps, humidity, diet, how many soaks a week, etc.