Am I panicking ? (will 3 sulcatas get along?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego, CA
I need help. I have 3 sulcatas they are very small now (3", 21/3, 21/2) and I'm aware of their future size. I have read about fights between males I'm scare that in the future they would fight if they end up being two or all three males. Could try possible adjust to each other since they all grow up together?

Jd3

5 Year Member
Am I panicking ?

That's not really how it works... You need to be capable of housing separately if needed. 1 sulky is hard enough to house and provide proper care for....

Evy

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
Am I panicking ?

That's what I been reading. But of course I got the wrong info and I was too excited to have them plus I thought that they would be better in group.
Later on, I read that they are fine alone :0(
I like them all and I can start seeing their personalities but I'm afraid to the future. I'm not sure of their age. I got them at pet kingdom in San Diego and I had them for a month now.
Please give your opinion about what it would be the right choice.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
RE: Am I panicking ?

you have a few years to worry about that.. It may work out if they are all males with never a female around.. or it might not.. I have 4 males.. housed 2 and 2. There have been issues, but not too bad.. you will need a Very large area for them to roam and have space. and watch them.
I have found that when they do start harssasing each other. I take the one being the aggressor and turn him on his back, then put him upright,, and he walks away and its ok again... difference of opinon on that.. but it works.
Then there are places that house dozens together, no problem. I don't know if there is a 'magic' number to make it work or not..

Jtort

5 Year Member
So Cal
Am I panicking ?

Laura said:
I take the one being the aggressor and turn him on his back, then put him upright,, and he walks away and its ok again... difference of opinon on that.. but it works.

This made me lol because it reminded me of my kids. They're 2 years apart and get along great sometimes and sometimes not...

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Evy said:
I need help. I have 3 sulcatas they are very small now (3", 21/3, 21/2) and I'm aware of their future size. I have read about fights between males I'm scare that in the future they would fight if they end up being two or all three males. Could try possible adjust to each other since they all grow up together?

There is really no way to know. Raise them all up and see how it goes. I had two males and a female living together in a large outdoor enclosure and they were fine for about nine years. All of a sudden, the two males each decided the other male needed to be dead. I separated them that day, and they've been apart ever since. You might have three females, which might all get along just fine. Can you find out the incubation temp? This would tell us the likelihood of one sex or the other.

SANDRA_MEISSNEST

5 Year Member
I have 2 males 5 years old i got them since they were 2.5 inches. They do everything together .they never fight or beeing agressive. I would say wait and see.

Sent from my ZTE N9120 using TortForum mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.