Amazon Basin Trying to Escape

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
haha thought i would share. this is one of my 3 year old amazon basin peruvian yellowfoots trying to escape the pen by climbing the tree root. What he doesnt know is that its not going to work. Ha

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I guess the escape route to my house that I emailed him is not going to work... :p:p

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Thanks. They look super awesome when they are all washed and scrubbed. His plastron almost looks like a ploughshare with radiations on it. Awesome torts.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Ummm... I hate to point this out, but these guys are a lot better at climbing than we give them credit for. The space between the top of the root bump and the top of the fence looks like it is about the same as the shell length- which means he might be able to hook a leg over the top of the fence- if not this season, then next for sure. If he can hook a leg, he is gone.

We really want about 1.5 shell lengths minimum for all fence or wall heights in any enclosure.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Lol...sure looks like he is plotting :D and all he needs now is a help from a friend and walla....lol

It appears to me in this pic that in addition to the block there is the black fencing surrounding the block wall? Is that correct? If so you should be good...although a bit of a drop from the block he appears big enough to endure the plop...

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
The black fence is just one the other side of the block he did t get out. Although of this were his permanent outdoor enclosure I would agree. He would be a goner. But I do have a fence along the whole exterior with wire dig into the ground. I just had him out there while I was cleaning his cage. Its still a little cool at night for them outside here. That part of the pen is for little redfoot and sulcata babies when there a few months old.

Status
Not open for further replies.