An apology for those who have seen my negative threads and to my tortoise

Tortoisebaby

Location (City and/or State)
Tennessee
I made a thread saying insensitive things about my tortoise and for those who have seen them, I apologize sincerely. I made those threads impulsively because I couldn’t get my tortoise to eat. Now I know that my tortoise needs time to adjust and is not eating because he needs to get acclimated and because it is winter. My tortoise is healthy and I pray every night that he will live happy and healthy. I am pretty attached to him because I feel sadness, empathy, and worry for him when I probably shouldn’t. I hope nothing but the best for him.

Bee62

Germany
It is okay when your emotions go up and down. It is normal and human. You don`t have to apologize.
Love your tortoise and learn about his needs and you will have a happy tortoise and be a happy tortoise mum. You are on the best way ! Stay with us in the forum and read and learn about your new shelled friend.

Sabine

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
Ah, the moments of frustration with a new pet. We've all been there. My tort takes about 2-3 hours per day taking care of it. My new American Eskimo puppy seems to want to occupy the rest of my time. lol

20171220_152906[1].jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Thank you for the apology. I'm sorry you're feeling so frustrated, and please keep us informed as to how your tortoise is doing. Your apology has gone a long way towards helping us look more favorably towards you, and being more willing to help you.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
As you get more knowledge about tortoise care. Actually keeping the tortoise gets much easier. Much.
That said...There is NOTHING WRONG with rehoming any animal that you feel you are overwhelmed with.
Tortoise keeping is not a perfect match for everyone's situation. And finding your pet another home is no less responsible than keeping it and caring for it yourself.
The animals best care is what is most important.