An Hour With Monstro (Photo Heavy)

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
Monstro emerged a little earlier than usual...so we hung for a bit...an hour to be precise! After catching a shot of him on the lawn, he moved to his favorite shady spot! I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story...
DSC_0308.JPG DSC_0309.JPG DSC_0311.JPG DSC_0313.JPG DSC_0320.JPG DSC_0328.JPG DSC_0352.JPG DSC_0372.JPG DSC_0373.JPG DSC_0374.JPG DSC_0368.JPG

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
My wife was just taking a peek and said he has GODZILLA eyes in the first shot (1998 version, I presume)!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
How big/old is Monstro now? You always manage to capture the best-est open mouth shots.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
How big/old is Monstro now? You always manage to capture the best-est open mouth shots.
Monstro will be 5 years old in September! He's around 21" and close to 50 lbs...both are guesses as I've been busy placing the Sudans, rehabbing a GIANT cage (4x4x8...thanks again Tom) and, of course, spoiling the ITs. Maybe something more in depth on his birthday!

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Now...with the Sudans placed...I do get to spend (a lot) more time with Monstro! So, I think this is going to be a regular thread, too! As I mentioned in the IT thread...someone else got to enjoy some endive, escarole and radicchio! I'll let the pictures tell the story...
DSC_0015.JPG DSC_0017.JPG DSC_0018.JPG DSC_0019.JPG DSC_0025.JPG DSC_0026.JPG

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
Dean, that radicchio face pic is priceless. He's a secksie beast for sure :D

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Right at 50 pounds...five years old next month!
What a bunch nice shots. This is a such beautiful animal. Just beautiful.

May I have your permission to share those photos to one of the Tortoise forum in China? They got some crazy tortoises lover over there, Will love to see this beauty. I will for sure to mention the origin of those photo are from you. Once I posted, I will share that link to you. but mostly will be in Chinese.

Looking forward to hear from you. Thanks.