and a couple of pics of my other boxie, Chomper

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NE Ohio
I posted a couple of Peanut yesterday. Today I took a couple of pics of my 1.5 year old gulf coast boxie, Chomper. He is difficult to photograph because when he gets nervous he is all over the place as you can see. My 3 toed sits like a statue when nervous, and my gulf coast won't stop moving when nervous...lol.
ChomperApril2012pic2.jpg

ChomperApril2012.jpg

pryncesssc

5 Year Member
Chicago IL
Very cute ! My Florida boxie is like that too , she just wants to run !

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
WallieTheTortoise said:
awww, if you don't mind me asking, how old and how much does he weigh? =)

Chomper is about 1.5 years old. I've only every weighed him on one of those cheap dial kitchen scales so not very accurate. He was showing around 100 grams on that. Yes, Chomper is a big boxie for his age. But then, he is a gulf coast.

pryncesssc said:
Very cute ! My Florida boxie is like that too , she just wants to run !

I wonder if it's a thing with the subspecies from Florida. My three toed is definetely not like that. I think he figures if he stays completely still no one will notice him...lol

WallieTheTortoise

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, NY
lisa127 said:
I wonder if it's a thing with the subspecies from Florida. My three toed is definetely not like that. I think he figures if he stays completely still no one will notice him...lol

thats funny, my new three toed is still as a rock too lol

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Many years ago, I'd say almost 20, I had two box turtles. You know, back when the wc adults were in petstores. My two boxies back then were the same....one 3 toed and one gulf coast. That pair was the exact same way. The gulf coast would be all over if he felt vulnerable, and the 3 toed stayed totally still if she felt vulnerable. It's interesting, really.

pryncesssc

5 Year Member
Chicago IL
That's funny cause my TT doesn't run either ! That's cool. I wonder if it is a subspecies thing or a concidense

WallieTheTortoise

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, NY
turtlemann2 said:
hmm i wonder if its an instictuale characteristic?

all these pictures makes me want to upload, buuuuuuut not now not enough time :)

Lol same here, I'll probably upload when spring break comes :D

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Love the GC box turtles. Mine will be three in April. VERY aggressive and guards the turtle garden. If someone comes to see the garden, she will run out from where she is hiding with her mouth open to try to scare you. My son wouldn't believe me, so we did it three times and she did the same thing. I had to take a picture. She is full of personality, and very unafraid and curious. I hope she is a female, or otherwise she will rule the garden. She also has a lot of color which suprised me as I never had a GC turtle before, and I thought they were a drab green color. I guess it all depends on where they come from. Your's is really beautiful.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Terry, from what I'm told gulf coast males tend to be aggressive with other males. Very aggressive. I'm hoping both my gulf coast and my three toed are girls. I'd like them to share an enclosure someday. My turtles from years ago shared an enclosure and did great together. The gulf coast was male and the three toed was female. He never pestered her. From what I understand, most gulf coasts are actually more black or very, very dark brown in color. But they do tend to be drab. Chomper does not have much color, but s/he is starting to develop some white on the face. My little three toed is only 8 months old but already has some orange spots on the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.