Animal Plastics cages

jessica2021

Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
I ordered a cage from them at the very end of April 2020 that was due to ship out in October. I emailed them in October and they said it would ship out later that week. It is now mid January and there is no sign of my cage. Has anyone else had an Animal Plastics order take this long. I am getting a bit worried. This is my first time ordering from them :/

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I ordered a cage from them at the very end of April 2020 that was due to ship out in October. I emailed them in October and they said it would ship out later that week. It is now mid January and there is no sign of my cage. Has anyone else had an Animal Plastics order take this long. I am getting a bit worried. This is my first time ordering from them :/
Yes. Totally normal. Always like this. Nothing to worry about. Excellent people, excellent products, top notch quality, great service when there is any problem even though there isn't usually any problem, great price, long lasting, super functional... Everything about heir enclosures and company is GREAT... except the long wait times. It takes months. Covid delays have made things worse too. A co-worker just received a stack of 12 of their enclosures for a new reptile room. Took 9 months.

I've talked to Ally on the phone about this several times. They just don't want to grow in to some giant company. They intend to stay small-ish and just produce a product that is near perfect in every way, in whatever quantities that time, machinery, material supply and their family of employees can produce.