Another Dog Story...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norma

My tortoise is adopted from a home with a dog which chewed through her shell she was saved by the vet and currently has fibre glass resin filling the holes, she was traumatised for a while refusing to eat so had a drip put in but since I took her she is now a happy healthy tortoise

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
My tortoise is adopted from a home with a dog which chewed through her shell she was saved by the vet and currently has fibre glass resin filling the holes, she was traumatised for a while refusing to eat so had a drip put in but since I took her she is now a happy healthy tortoise
Very sorry to hear such a sad story, but at least your tort is now better. Dogs (as well as cats) can be very 'nasty' to a helpless little tort. What species is your tort? Would like to see a pic of it.

And a very warm welcome to the forum.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
That's a great success story and yet another lesson to us all.
Thanks for sharing and welcome.

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
Charlie is over 75 pounds. He is our only pet but there are many feral and neighborhood cats and kittens in our yard. When we had a dog, the cats stayed away but now that we are one of the few yards without a dog, our yard attracts cats. None of them have ever come near Charlie but he likes to go near them. Maybe he is trying to tell them whose yard it is but they are stupid and don't get the message. Do I have anything to worry about? I haven't been able to figure out how to keep those cats out of our yard without breaking a few laws.

Status
Not open for further replies.