Another lighting question

Kimm91

Ok I'm going to get a MVB with crematic fitting. Should i need any other bulbs and if someone could explain CHE to me please I have a 2 year old Hermann

Kimm :)

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
If you get an MVB, you don;t NEED anything else. It provided both heat+UVB, which is all he needs. You can use a CHE if you feel it gets too cold for him. What are the night temps?

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
CHE- ceramic heat emitter/element. They provide heat but NO light. They work great for night heat or using with a thermostat to maintain ambient temperatures.

Having a hermann, you shouldn't need a CHE. If your house drops below 50F at night, then you can consider one.

I personally wouldn't use an MVB. I like the lower wattage bulbs with tube lighting..BUT..since that's the choice you went with, to answer your question: No you should not need any other bulbs. Once the enclosure is set up you might decide additional lighting is a good idea for keeping plants alive etc. But the basking heat/UV needs will be met by your chosen bulb.

Hope this helps :)

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
I think that if your enclosure is of adequate size, then you will almost certainly need additional lighting for general illumination. I do not think one spot bulb (MVB) is enough to light a large enclosure.