Another sex guess

tyguy35

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ontario
image.png image.png So I have another sex guess I need help with. I am looking to purchase these two leopard tortoises. Leopard tortoises are not easy to come by here nevermind finding. A female. I believe they are male female but would like your opinions.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
The photos are not showing on my iPhone. But that is irrelevant for what I am going to say.

Are you aware that they should not be kept as pairs? They are solitary and don't want, need or particularly like company. Groups of 3 or more may work in a very large enclosure, but pairs just end up in a dispute for territory and food, regardless of gender, resulting in the sickness and possible death of the subordinate one.

Please accept my apologies if you know all this.

tyguy35

5 Year Member
ontario
Yes I am aware. I do not plan to house them together. Tank has his enclosure and the female will have hers. I want a female for the possible chance of breeding in the future when they are ready. If I were ever to house them together for time being an extremely large enclosure would not be an issue as tank is already in a 10x5x4 bnot apologies needed I appreciate your concern for the animals well being.

tyguy35

5 Year Member
ontario
The seller told me male female. Tails pretty short on the one.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
Problem you have is people guessing, many times I've seen someone guess that was completely wrong. I've seen it both with torts and turtles. Unless someone is 100% sure they shouldn't chime in.

tyguy35

5 Year Member
ontario
I am looking for guess hopefully most leaning towards one being female. Basically I am wondering if I should just take the risk or not. They are not easy to come by and when I do come by them they are very expensive. 1000 for one sometimes. I'm getting 2 for 700

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
I can't tell in the first one, but my guess is second is female. How's that.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Ok, since guessing is permitted, i'm fairly sure the first is male and the second female.
Either could use either toilet in Trump Towers.

Bducks16

5 Year Member
forest grove, oregon
The first pic is a male. Look at the anal scutes. Just like your first pic. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1469856383.542712.jpgthe second pic is female. Your second pic leopard anal scutes are still in between so hard to say yet male or female. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1469856477.470317.jpg I stand by this 100%

Last edited:

tyguy35

5 Year Member
ontario
Thanks the pictures help a lot. I had my thoughts I just wanted to get other people's thoughts.