Any Blue Tongue Skink People

Jennifer M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South Georgia
Any of my fellow forum members owners of BTS? I have been researching and am very interested in getting one in the near future.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Yes! There are several of us here.

I highly recommend them. Best reptile pets ever! Long lived, great personalities, friendly, hardy, easy to set up, easy to feed and care for…

I prefer the Northern BTS over the other species.

Don't buy a WC indonesian species.

Jennifer M

5 Year Member
South Georgia
I will keep it in my classroom most of the time and bring it home for summer, holidays, and long weekends. My plan is to have a tank set up at school and a separate tank at home.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I will keep it in my classroom most of the time and bring it home for summer, holidays, and long weekends. My plan is to have a tank set up at school and a separate tank at home.

I think a BTS will work well for something like that as long as they don't cut the power or heat to the classroom on nights or on the weekend over winter.

Longhorns1187

Omaha, NE
We're going to be getting a BTS this next spring/summer. We've been following Reptile Mountain on YouTube for a few months now. Lots of great information in his videos. We plan on buying our first BTS from him.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I need to find a good resource as well, I want to get myself a Northern. I had a M/F pair of Indos and they were super neat.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
We have a great breeder right here on our forum, but he's not an active poster any more. He breeds several type of BTS and he's also a really great guy. Spring is the time for babies. If anyone wants his contact info, send me a PM.

I got my first skink from Jeff and it was fantastic. Since then, I've visited his home a couple of times and seen his operation and it is impressive. He is the guy I would buy from.

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
I got Slick at our annual Reptile Expo , I realize everyone doesn't have them but it worked out well for me . I like the idea of being able to look an animal over previous to purchase if possible , but thats just me ! :)

Slick.jpg