any clue what this is?

ZidaoW

It doesn't look like one of the more common poisonous weeds; it's not nightshade. I don't think you should be worried if the turtle hasn't shown any symptoms of poisoning.

ZidaoW

I can't tell from the picture but if the browning at the edges look to be from the weed dying then I think it's safe.

ZidaoW

so is dying weed is less likely to kill?
No, it's just that if it's not naturally brown, the chances are it's a harmless weed. If your turtle hasn't done anything strange by now, just don't worry about it.

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Newport Coast, CA
Let's see if we can't get a little better picure, to be sure. Any chance you can get something with a little higher resolution on your phone and/or load it to the forum at a higher resolution? More plant, less counter. :) The tortoise forum app can make it easier to load pictures. (It is literally titled "tortoise forum" on the App Store for iDevices.)

I know zip about Florida plants but I am wondering if it might be balloon flower. It would be easier to know if those buds were open!

The leaves look like this close up.
IMG_3643.JPG

You can see the buds and some of the flowers on this one:

IMG_3644.JPG

Once again, I know zip about Florida; I just like to check out new plants and I'd love to know what this is!

frank rose

Location (City and/or State)
palm beach gardens florida
I think I might have an idea what it might be Spanish needle which I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere on the forum had some sort of poison in it

Attachments

• upload_2017-4-28_22-13-59.png
    upload_2017-4-28_22-13-59.png
    225 KB · Views: 8