Any diy ideas to hang uvb hood?

baileypete

Location (City and/or State)
Minnesota
I just ordered a new terrarium hood and bulb for my leopard tortoise. I was planning to set the uvb hood on top of the light fixture holders that I have, however, the uvb is too far away. Are there any diy things I could do to get it closer? The light fixture holders are already as low as they can go.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Take a look at adding one of the greenhouse tents. Your enclosure is very hard to maintain high humidity & good temps.

baileypete

Minnesota
Take a look at adding one of the greenhouse tents. Your enclosure is very hard to maintain high humidity & good temps.

I have been looking into that. I'm just having difficulty finding something that fits well. Do you think a PEVA shower curtain would work to put over the enclosure?

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
You can use any shower curtain or liner to cover your enclosure. The liners are clear so you can see through them, and the plastic is a little lighter weight. You could build a structure like this. Then you can hang your light fixtures from the overhead bar at whatever height you need them to be.

IMG_1511635956.495114.jpg

If you decide not to do it this way, you can put lightweight chain on the UVB hood and hang it from the light fixtures you have.

Here's a post that may help you decide what to do to enclose your habitat.

Reactions: ISU