Any help finding any adult female red foot

Jake1363

Hey everyone I've been searching for the past couple weeks for a female keep with the male I already have. I would appreciate any help anyone could have. I've already looked at most of the main suppliers.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Hello Jake.
I for one would not recommend placing a lone male and female together. Although Redfoot are some of the more docile tortoises, they still have issues on occasion. Especially as sexed pairs.
I would like to suggest that you make a very large enclosure. I don't know what you currently have...And the placing at least 2 if not 3 or 4 females in with your male.
This will not allow the male to spend all of his time perusing just one lady.
If you want another tortoise as "company" for your male..I can assure you that another tortoise nearby is not what he wants. He does not want trespassing on his territory. Another tortoise will stress out both tortoises.
Again, though, you can help out the situation with a lot of space. A large, outdoors area can work.
As far as finding them goes. I've placed just two "wanted" ads in Craigslist, and both times I received several specimens for very little money.
Good luck.

Jake1363

Hello Jake.
I for one would not recommend placing a lone male and female together. Although Redfoot are some of the more docile tortoises, they still have issues on occasion. Especially as sexed pairs.
I would like to suggest that you make a very large enclosure. I don't know what you currently have...And the placing at least 2 if not 3 or 4 females in with your male.
This will not allow the male to spend all of his time perusing just one lady.
If you want another tortoise as "company" for your male..I can assure you that another tortoise nearby is not what he wants. He does not want trespassing on his territory. Another tortoise will stress out both tortoises.
Again, though, you can help out the situation with a lot of space. A large, outdoors area can work.
Sorry I didnt really explain the situation 2 well. I have a 6' x 4' indoor table and plan to make a bunk system out of it by adding another table the same size to the top. I wouldn't keep them together all the time only really in the spring and summer when I can keep them out side in my 10' x 4' enclosure. By then I plan on getting a yellow foot or 2 anyway. I would like a female now so I can do my quarantine over the colder months when they are indoors are be able to put them together in the spring outside with the yellows if I end up getting them