Any LGBTQ members?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
I don't like labels, they usually tend to make one group feel superior to another. I am gonna like/dislike someone based on who they are, not based on whose genitals they like, or color of their skin.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I so like the opinions that have been expressed that I like people for who they are and a persons sexual orientation is not of my business.

My brother is gay. He came out years ago after my dad died. He has been with the same partner for 17 years now. After marrying a woman when he was young. It lasted less than a year.

Eight weeks ago my nephew killed himself. He was also gay. While I'm sure his sexual orientation in some way was a struggle for him, it was not the only or even main reason for his suicide. It was one factor of many. While he was here with us, he told us he doesn't believe in making a big deal of it. He said straight people don't walk around "wearing a sign" so why should he? He was a private person in general and just didn't believe in it. I miss him. My heart is broken to say the least. But that's a whole different topic.

Shakudo

5 Year Member
The Netherlands
I look forward to the day when there is no separate community of LGBTQ. I hope one day that we don't need gay pride or LGBTQ allies. I hope for universal acceptance. Human beings are complex and diverse creatures and I look forward to the day that all of the things that make us all different are the very things we appreciate and accept about our species. I have called myself an ally but I wish I lived in a time when there was no need for an ally of this nature, but I don't, so I stand with the LGBTQ community as an ally.

Elohi(Earth)

I am gay, I don't mind sharing that. It's just a part of who I am.

Elohi says it all, beautifully said, and I agree.
1 Love.

Joey

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
I believe it is wrong under all circumstances, it just ruins the infrastructure of everyone's religion, life, and earth… it ruins society and to that's a fact. No one is "born" that way; it is a choice! If people just tried to stop it, it would have stopped a long time ago! I also think it shouldn't be on this forum (children can be on this forum now, reading this)... I think I've made my point now.... You cannot stop people and their wrong ways; you only give advice...

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
It will always be wrong in my opinion because my religion (islam) has clearly banned all of its forms… I haven't eaten or drunk anything since 15 hrs now (I'm fasting)… I have just came to say it's wrong… it's also ILLEGAL in the UAE (having relationships while not being married is also illegal) we all have our own religions and I have just replied to change the wrong... I'm out of this thread...

Shakudo

5 Year Member
The Netherlands
No matter gay straight or bi, lesbian transgender life, I'm on the right track baby I was born this way :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I have moved some of the posts in this thread to the "to be deleted" file. This thread wasn't started as a debate or as a "do you believe homosexuality is wrong/right" thread. The OP was merely trying to find out if there were any other folks with a shared experience on the forum. I warned you at the very beginning that this type of posting wouldn't be allowed. If any of you think there are other posts that need to be deleted let me know.

And now I'm closing the thread. If anyone wants to respond to the OP, you have the option of starting a private conversation.

474158gy04azrh2x.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.