Any Michigan Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweetness_bug

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
MICHIGAN
borjawil said:
I'm in lansing! Anyone know of any turtles for adoption or sale in michigan let me know!

There was just a reptile show this weekend down here towards detroit. THey had tons of yellow foot and redfoots. all different sizes. Pretty decent prices.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I have always wanted to go to the Taylor show - but, it is about 5 hours for me to get there. Wanna talk about long? LOL. Cheaper for me to buy torts online and have them shipped.

Sweetness_bug

5 Year Member
MICHIGAN
toxodon said:
Sweetness_bug said:
borjawil said:
I'm in lansing! Anyone know of any turtles for adoption or sale in michigan let me know!

There was just a reptile show this weekend down here towards detroit. THey had tons of yellow foot and redfoots. all different sizes. Pretty decent prices.

Was it the taylor show? I was there once in December, it was just to long of a drive.

yep it was...But they had some decent tortoise. It just depends on when you go like last month they had only sulcatta babys. this month a lot more vendors and they had tons or tortoises. Red foot yellow foot sulcattas, pancake tortoise. greek. and lots of water turtles. If you want to come down let me know we can meet up and go together. How long does it take you to get there? I can always scope it out and call you next month so you dont have to waste gas or make the trip if its not worth it. There is also a show in grandrapids i believe.

kyryah said:
I have always wanted to go to the Taylor show - but, it is about 5 hours for me to get there. Wanna talk about long? LOL. Cheaper for me to buy torts online and have them shipped.

well you will just have to move down here Kyrah! LOL

borjawil

10 Year Member!
when is the show? you said next month, is there one in december? if there is I think ill go.

Sweetness_bug

5 Year Member
MICHIGAN
borjawil said:
when is the show? you said next month, is there one in december? if there is I think ill go.

Its always the second saturday of the month from like 9-3

grundalowtortoises

5 Year Member
Mi
We're from MI. Metro-Detroit. The Taylor show was today, did anybody go? We werent sure if it would be worth it. Might go next month.
So how do you all deal with the cold? Do you have to put extra lights in your enclosures? What kind of tortoises do you all have? How big are your enclosures?

LRBailey

5 Year Member
Traverse City, MI
Hi everyone. I'm also a Michigan member. I'm tortless for a just a couple more days, then I will have two baby redheaded torts.
I'm way up north - even further than Kristina. I'd still like to try and get to one of those shows in Taylor. Maybe come spring when the roads aren't bad. I could even pick Kristina up along the way if she wanted to go.

Sweetness_bug

5 Year Member
MICHIGAN
Jenilyn said:
Capitol City girl right here!!!

Sweet...We are getting alot of members her ein michigan..Keep them coming we can have our own convention

zzzdanz

5 Year Member
Boston
A lot of Mi. folk here. I have a sister that lives out there,but I don't have her hooked on Torts yet just turtles...I'll have to work on her a bit.

mstodd

5 Year Member
I'm in Michigan, too. Going to Tech, so I'm pretty far north.

LeahRenee

5 Year Member
Hello. I'm looking for some tortoises for sale in Michigan. Anyone? I'm wanting to purchase 2. :) Thanks!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
LeahRenee said:
Hello. I'm looking for some tortoises for sale in Michigan. Anyone? I'm wanting to purchase 2. :) Thanks!

Hi LeahRenee: Welcome to the forum!!

Rayvens3cubs

5 Year Member
I'm new here, located in Holland (West side of Michigan, on the lakeshore) Had a Russian Tortoise waltz up to some neighbors' doorstep tonight and she is now here with us. She has a couple of solid cracks in her shell that worry me, and we already have a small zoo here anyway, so I'm hoping there's a distraught owner out there looking for their tortoise. My kids (of course) are hoping Ms. Luna was simply abandoned and can stay permanently. Any thoughts on the best/safest way to locate a true owner would be great. I posted on the "Russian Tortoises" page with the rest of the details if anyone is willing to help me out with some care concerns or suggestions in the meantime. Thanks ~ Ann Botsis

Villy

5 Year Member
SE Mi
Hey Regal! I'm in Westland! We're neighbors! :)

TurtleTortoise

5 Year Member
Michigan
Hello I live in Michigan. About reptile shows (a little late but...) there's one in grand rapids called west Michigan reptile expo, I think it's held on the second Sunday of every month.

*Barracuda_50*

5 Year Member
Harrietta, MI
We are from Michigan to the great white north LOL!! :D Although classified as Harrietta, we are between Wellston and Harrietta. Our home and property is surrounded by woods/fed land love being out here i wanted to move to the U.P. but this is where we ended up. Good to know Kristina is close to us.. Tracey waves :p HI Kristina..:D

Status
Not open for further replies.