Any one collect anything?

Bambam1989

Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
As of this year, I now collect orchids. Just getting my collection started with a whopping 5 phalaenopsis orchids

Melis

Maryland
I collect books. I used to work in a bookstore. Before (my) bookstore had to close, because of the internet. Love "reading" from since before I even could read a letter. Lol
But as I get older, my collection changes. Some books don't fit me anymore. So I give them away. I don't like to own a lot of stuff.
Oh, I do like to collect nice pictures of Tortoises. My husband prints them for me on paper sometimes.

But most of all I collect Moments... My favourite part of the day is giving my Tortoises a bath. Every day... *smile*
Do you reread your books? I love to read as well. The rolls that can reread books always amaze me. I also can’t rewatch movies unless it is one of my favorites.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Over the years I have collected many different items. I started collecting coins when silver coins were still in circulation and still have most of them. They are for the kids and grand kids.I bought my first antique piece of furniture in 1967 and still look for good buys.I have chairs and a Civil War era love seat, a couple old beds, one brass and one rope bed. Drop leaf tables, clocks, treadle sewing machines and some of the early electric machines, clocks, 2 early 1900s matching book cases with leaded glass doors.found the first one in 1975 and the second one last year. Old magazines comic books, baseball, football,garbage pail kids and ET cards.firearms from black powder to modern and ammo. My favorite things to collect are old tools especially plumbers tools from the time when pipes were made of lead. My best find was when at an auction they had a piece of furniture marked as a buffet but it wasn't a buffet it was a court cupboard, I didn't know how old it was just knew it was old and not a buffet. No one else was really interested in it so i got it at a great price and after some research found it's from the 1600s. I also collect old screws, hinges, wheels, knobs,drawer pulls, keys, old growth wood pieces,and just about anything that may be used to repair an antique at a later date.There is more but that's enough, Yes I will collect anything.

N

no one

Do you reread your books? I love to read as well. The rolls that can reread books always amaze me. I also can’t rewatch movies unless it is one of my favorites.

Yes, I reread some of my books. Maybe a few years later. But I reread the beautiful ones. But not all the books I read are good enough to reread though. And some books I start to read, but I don't even finish them.
And I use to have a habit of reading a few different books at one time. Lol
At the moment I am reading a book by a Dutch writer who has Aspergers. But diagnosed when she was an adult. Hard to read for me.

N

no one

Now that I don't longer work in the Bookstore, I go to the Libary more often. And when I really love a book, I will buy it for myself when I have the money to spend.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Your pinwheel quilt is beautiful.
Thank you. My Gramma made it. I'm afraid it's pretty dilapidated and worn in many spots. But that room doesn't usually have any visitors, so the quilt is safe.

N

no one

Yes, I reread some of my books. Maybe a few years later. But I reread the beautiful ones. But not all the books I read are good enough to reread though. And some books I start to read, but I don't even finish them.
And I use to have a habit of reading a few different books at one time. Lol
At the moment I am reading a book by a Dutch writer who has Aspergers. But diagnosed when she was an adult. Hard to read for me.

That can be read wrong, Lol. It is not a hard read, it is hard because the subject comes close to me.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Video games.

I'm just starting to get back into it now, but anything NES and forward is gold to me.

N

no one

Dutch, I am from the Netherlands. Sometimes it is hard to form a good, logical sentence in English.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Dutch, I am from the Netherlands. Sometimes it is hard to form a good, logical sentence in English.
Definitely! Just take a look at some of the posts made by English speaking members!

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
I have some XO (Extra Old) Cognac.

DSC00061-1.JPG DSC00062.JPG