Any one else have little food at the store for your tort or other pets?

Braeden p

Location (City and/or State)
Pottstown PA
The stores around here had no kale for a month no arugula for three days so Betty had to eat carrots dandelions. Arugula is scarce and kale is impossible to get so we planted Cale just for Betty

L

LasTortugasNinja

I stocked up at the beginning of the year... I have a 5 gallon tote full of breeding roaches, a bag of frozen feeder mice, and 3/4 acre of unsprayed weeds...

and two rolls of toilet paper left. LOL

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I have no trouble finding the produce I need to feed my animals. I tend to look for bagged Santa Barbara Salad mix (endive, escarole, radicchio), collard, turnip and mustard greens, carrots (but I only use the tops for the tortoises), romaine, green leaf and butter lettuces and to that I'll add hollyhock leaves, grape and mulberry leaves, any edible weeds I can find outside, and a bit of grass that I cut up into quarter inch pieces with the scissors.

It's a whole lot easier buying a diverse selection for 15 or 20 animals than it is for one or two.

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
I have no trouble finding the produce I need to feed my animals. I tend to look for bagged Santa Barbara Salad mix (endive, escarole, radicchio), collard, turnip and mustard greens, carrots (but I only use the tops for the tortoises), romaine, green leaf and butter lettuces and to that I'll add hollyhock leaves, grape and mulberry leaves, any edible weeds I can find outside, and a bit of grass that I cut up into quarter inch pieces with the scissors.

It's a whole lot easier buying a diverse selection for 15 or 20 animals than it is for one or two.
That's for sure! Thankfully my coworker has 2 bunny's and I can give her some of my extras so I dont feel so wasteful. Dont get me wrong we try to eat it too, but let's be honest, we aren't going to eat that much lol

Braeden p

Pottstown PA

In a month or two I can get some mole berry leaves in my small woods

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
My weeds are all growing now.. but i havent had any probs finding greens here in MA. Chicken breast on the other hand smh

GreenFire719

North Carolina, USA
Our local grocery stopped carrying escarole, chicory, turnip greens, and endive cause of the shortages. Luckily our lawn mower is broke so it’s pretty easy to pick out dandelion or other yummies with the tall grass lol. There’s also a shortage of feeder insect in the area so we’ve been ordering in bulk online.