Any tips on finding a reputable seller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenjen2912

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Seattle, WA.
Our little yellowfoot sadly did not survive. Honestly, he was never quite right; he never ate. After doing some reading around this forum, I found that are a stubstational number of people that had bad experiences similar to ours with this particular seller. We would like to get another yellowfoot, perhaps a juvenile this time. I've looked around here for info on reputable sellers and I'm not finding much. Can anyone help point us in the right direction to get started?
Thanks.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Go to Allegra F. Hers are great and she is great- although she does not do yellow-footeds. There are also many other very reputable breeders here!

I don't know your skill level, but yellow-foots are often considered a more 'finicky' species than many others. I recommend Brazilian (cherry-head) red-footeds whenever asked- hardier than most red-footeds, usually nicely colored, and generally pretty reasonably priced.

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
I know you're looking for a Yellowfoot, but Allegra and Jackrat recently posted a couple of links for Redfoot hatchlings. I have 2 (hoping for more soon!) from Allegra that are fantastic! After a month, I took both of mine in for fecals and a general exam and the vet was astonished at their health and lack of parasites. I haven't dealt with Jackrat directly, but he has some gorgeous Northern Redfoots (I know, you're looking for Yellowfoots, perhaps we can convince you...?) and I've only heard positive things about his hatchlings on the forum.

Again, sticking to Redfoots, there are many more forum members on here that have exceptional hatchlings (I don't want to volunteer anyone here, I'm just providing two that have posted to the for sale forum). I recall there were a couple other members with many eggs popping, so there may be more advertisement in the "for sale" forum soon?

I'm less aware of any Yellowfoot breeders, but I hope some chime in soon!

Jenjen2912

5 Year Member
Seattle, WA.
Thank you. My husband has his heart set on a yellowfoot, but I will see what his reasons area and if he might be open to a redfoot.

Mgridgaway

5 Year Member
Maryland
tortoisesupply has some B Grade Yellowfoots on sale. I've bought from Tyler before and he is a good guy. He also has some of the cheapest shipping around.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I don't know of a lot of yellow foot breeders, but there are a lot of breeders on this forum, so look around a little bit. Personally I prefer red foots.

Status
Not open for further replies.