Any tips on helping my tortoise lay infertile eggs in garden? Ground is hard but I’ve dug many holes

Sue Martin

Location (City and/or State)
Kent
Any tips on helping my tortoise lay her infertile eggs in garden? Have dug many holes to soften soil as ground so hard at the mo,but still no luck,have also tried large box with soft soil,thanks in advance if can help.sue

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
What makes you think she has eggs she needs to lay?
One thing that helped mine was a car ride. I know too funny, but it worked on some of her eggs, just not all.
Maybe try watering down the dirt or try more loosening of it, so it will make it easier.

Sue Martin

Kent
What makes you think she has eggs she needs to lay?
One thing that helped mine was a car ride. I know too funny, but it worked on some of her eggs, just not all.
Maybe try watering down the dirt or try more loosening of it, so it will make it easier.
She is scratching/scraping around in many areas of lawn,I have been watering the loosened areas I’ve made,I’ve now sectioned an area so when she does come out I’ll put her there for periods of time,I will try a ride in the car,and may get her xrayed to be sure,thank you for replying.sue