Anybody here still remember me?

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
WI
I belonged to this site years ago, and was quite an active member at the time. I had a trio of three Greek tortoises, two of them I purchased from EgyptianDan; named Nigel, Anouk and Novalee? I've been going through old PM links to try and find the friends I knew from those years back, but its hard work, and the site has been modified a lot since I was active.

Any members still active from back in '08 that remember me and my trio?

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Welcome back, i'm a newbie though I have seen you on the photos of members thread, I think.
Yvonne's still about if you remember her.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I joined in 2011. I remember your avatar pic. Yvonne, Jacqui, Tom, Maggie3fan are some from long ago. Of course there are more, I just can't think of them. Some from way back are still here, they pop in and out, post once in a great while.
So, welcome back and do you still have tortoises?

TurtleBug

10 Year Member!
I belonged to this site years ago, and was quite an active member at the time. I had a trio of three Greek tortoises, two of them I purchased from EgyptianDan; named Nigel, Anouk and Novalee? I've been going through old PM links to try and find the friends I knew from those years back, but its hard work, and the site has been modified a lot since I was active.

Any members still active from back in '08 that remember me and my trio?

@Meg90, I remember you well. :) Nice to hear from you again. How are your tortoises?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hey...welcome back, Meg. Do you still have your tortoises?

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
I don't have my tortoises anymore, sadly. The trio went to friends of mine with the capabilities to give them outdoor enclosures for the summer months (as a renter, and someone who moved a lot, it was one aspect of their care I was never able to attain). I just felt like they needed more room than what I could give them. Back in 2008/2009 I got all three in such a short period, I underestimated the kind of space three adults in their own enclosures would take up. I had Nigel for seven years, and the girls for six. Tragically earlier this year Novalee, my Golden Greek x Antakyan cross passed away. It was illness related and I really struggled with that, so soon after their rehome. She was a gorgeous tort, and so sweet and mellow. Her smooth carapace was one of my first great accomplishments in reptiles. My friends still have the Jordanian Greeks, and the last that I heard, were planning on pairing them.

Has Danny (Egyptiandan) gone off the forums? I saw on his profile that it says "new member"...back in my day he was a moderator here, and the go to source for the most technical of questions. I know his colony was also huge, so many species...

I've run into Tyler Stewart at reptile shows, but haven't had much contact with anyone else from TFO. The geckos really took over! At any given point I have between 70 and 100 crested geckos in my reptile room; and I have been an active member of that community since 2008 as well. I even have my own FB business page now, and have been breeding geckos for about the last five years.

I am in talks with some old friends about acquiring a new tortoise hatchling, I feel like my heart is ready. I've wanted a pancake tortoise since about circa 2011, just never bit the bullet. But the house isn't the same without a tortoise, and my fiance and I are excited to get back into this hobby.

Thank you all for the welcome back thus far! <3

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
I don't see Egyptiandan on here anymore. I've only been around since 2012, but I've read many old threads with very intelligent owners, and I don't see them ever respond to the threads. I believe some of them still look. It's sad to see so many of them go.

Their profile will always say active member, so I'm not sure if it's always like that.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
I'm hoping to get back into the hobby, I've been poking around a bit looking for the right hatchling to acquire and just today posted a wanted thread, so we'll see how that goes :)