Anyone buying in bulk?

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Dubai/New York
Just wondering if anyone is buying in bulk? Any dealers that sell worldwide?Any good deals? Just curious.... :)

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
And by buying in bulk I mean tortoise pellets, cactus pads, etc...

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Just wondering if anyone is buying in bulk? Any dealers that sell worldwide?Any good deals? Just curious.... :)
Well there's a lot of unforeseen things when shipping foods. It's actually against the law to send produces, which is what cactus, greens, dandelion are considered through commercial shipping even across state lines in the United States. Commercial diets are not though. But internationally an order would need approval from country it is being sent to. As that product is manufactured here in the US and regulated by the USDA. So I believe it may be of some challenge to ship those internationally.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Ummm not too certain. I think so as long as they aren't listed on invasive or illicit listed fauna list. Which country are you looking to getting into/out of and vise versa?

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
I believe it's all right (it's almost impossible for any foreign plant to survive in UAE without watering). I'll probably be importing from the US.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
It's worth a shot. I know many people have successfully created gardens and tropical oasis over in your regions. Lots of succulent and very dry tolerant plants can be established. If you have good access to water reservoirs you should be good. What temps do you get at night during winter months would be the only concern.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
No problem. Good luck. You could try eBay. I have bought a lot of plant seeds off eBay. I'd check with UAE regulations first though before plunging forward. Wouldn't want to break any laws for some plant seeds.