Anyone else here tired of being deleted or fluffed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
"Anyone else here tired of being deleted or fluffed?
Likely this thread will be deleted or fluffed before many will see....but going to give it a try anyways...well, to see if there is still any real forum here where folks can share....

I have noticed, more so recently, that many threads are having the posts fluffed for nice nice instead of allowing the thread to develop a life of its own---amongst the general population?

Now, don't misunderstand.... I don't find it beneficial for folks to get into cussing matches or outright vicious attacks on one another..however, if there is a certain level of banter that takes place without harsh name calling or the like...then I believe the moderators should take their place in the shadows to enter a block post reminding folks to not be vicious---BUT I do not believe that moderators should be under the impression that the run this forum---that I believe is Josh. I also believe that this forum has been going on strong due to its members, right.....not solely moderators.

I also believe that moderators should be voted in and not simply clicked in....I mean are we not a forum full of members? Why do members not get to decide who the moderators will be? I believe that at present there are some less than adult acting moderators at work here and it truly is making this forum a playground more than a resource....

So, I have not blasted anyone person here....I have not cussed anyone out here....I have not slandered anyone here...but lets just see what comes of this thread. I would like to hear what some of the other members "feel" on this thread...."

**********BINGO****** WELL SAID MY FRIEND!
:)

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
Can't those that have the problems with the way the forum is set up and operated just go start their own forum? I have no idea how one would go about doing such a thing, but it makes sense to me.
When u
I got tired of my restaurant messing up my tenderloin, I decided it was far more important to me to cook it myself and not deal with the crap involved. And now I only visit at lunch for a simple bacon/cheese burger.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Pleased to participate here, where I can share my knowledge (and add greatly to it), and I'm proud to have made some really great friends. :)

I realize that some folks may not feel like this place is the best possible of forums, but it suits me just fine, and I feel like the mods have ALWAYS been very fair, even when we don't see exactly eyes to eye. :cool:

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
N2TORTS said:
"Anyone else here tired of being deleted or fluffed?
Likely this thread will be deleted or fluffed before many will see....but going to give it a try anyways...well, to see if there is still any real forum here where folks can share....

I have noticed, more so recently, that many threads are having the posts fluffed for nice nice instead of allowing the thread to develop a life of its own---amongst the general population?

Now, don't misunderstand.... I don't find it beneficial for folks to get into cussing matches or outright vicious attacks on one another..however, if there is a certain level of banter that takes place without harsh name calling or the like...then I believe the moderators should take their place in the shadows to enter a block post reminding folks to not be vicious---BUT I do not believe that moderators should be under the impression that the run this forum---that I believe is Josh. I also believe that this forum has been going on strong due to its members, right.....not solely moderators.

I also believe that moderators should be voted in and not simply clicked in....I mean are we not a forum full of members? Why do members not get to decide who the moderators will be? I believe that at present there are some less than adult acting moderators at work here and it truly is making this forum a playground more than a resource....

So, I have not blasted anyone person here....I have not cussed anyone out here....I have not slandered anyone here...but lets just see what comes of this thread. I would like to hear what some of the other members "feel" on this thread...."

**********BINGO****** WELL SAID MY FRIEND!
:)

WELL SAID, JD......

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
yagyujubei said:
I just made a post here, and it hasn't posted as far as I can see. Interesting...Anyway, I simply stated that I just had several posts edited and removed arbitrarily. There was no promised notice. Bet no one is surprised by that. I am done contributing here.

It wasn't arbitrary at all. I did what we said we were going to do. I removed the offensive posts from the thread and sent you an email telling you that when you made acceptable corrections your posts would be put back up. When I saw that you had posted here saying you had been fluffed, I assumed you had not read your emails yet and that I was dealing with the problem so I removed your fluffing comment from this thread.

When the problem is being dealt with, there is no reason to beat the horse to death in this thread. The ball is back in your court. When you correct your offensive post, it will be put back up, just like we all agreed to when this problem showed up first time around.

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
ascott said:

So, I have not blasted anyone person here....I have not cussed anyone out here....I have not slandered anyone here...but lets just see what comes of this thread. I would like to hear what some of the other members "feel" on this thread....

Thank you.

I'm just now reading this post, it's been replied to many times over but I agree with Angela's initial assertions above, 100%.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this, Angela.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Terry Allan Hall said:
Pleased to participate here, where I can share my knowledge (and add greatly to it), and I'm proud to have made some really great friends. :)

I realize that some folks may not feel like this place is the best possible of forums, but it suits me just fine, and I feel like the mods have ALWAYS been very fair, even when we don't see exactly eyes to eye. :cool:

I feel exactly the same way.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
terryo said:
Terry Allan Hall said:

I feel exactly the same way.

Me too.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I have had personal experience with the "new" system that we all requested. It worked, I was able to discuss the matter, and given the chance to plead my case and rephrase.

I feel satisfied with the way things are being handled now. Thanks to the mods who were involved.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Huh. I did not realize this thread was still open.

I really appreciate those who took the time to publically support the work of the active and dedicated moderators*, and who realize that they are human and just trying to make this a helpful and fun place for tortoise enthusiasts. Thank you.

(* unlike me)

Status
Not open for further replies.