ANYONE FROM ALBERTA CANADA?

Rover15

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ontario canada
so as I often do when I'm bored I search kijiji to look at what types of turtles and tortoises are for sale and I look all over Canada I'm in Ontario.

I came across this ad Painful Images

I am lost for words, the ad itself reads: she has had this Florida Box Turtle since before it was one, its now 6 the person claims it is a healthy turtle, uses bottled water, only changes the water once a week

If I was in Alberta I'd try and reach out to this person but I can't even message her tonight as I'm at a lost for words and emotions prevent me from being kind, so I've come here to rant and hopefully find someone near the current owner to help this turtle live a much better life.

Becca267

5 Year Member
North Texas
That shell is something else. Poor thing. I hope it ends up somewhere nice.

Rover15

5 Year Member
ontario canada
I sent a simple message asking if she still had the turtle and the reply I got was this:

"Yes I do, I have a few people interested, one is trying to low ball me but I've invested a lot of money into her more than I'm asking and cant drop my price as much as this other person wants. Another lady keeps saying shes going to come see and buy her but hasn't as of yet. "

I was a bit calmer and replied:

Can i be blunt without offending you? I’ll be honest I live in Ontario so I’m not able to help or take her in but i came across your ad and I’m very concern.

If you choose not to reply I understand but please take a look into www.tortoiseforum.org or even their facebook page tortoise forum.

so here is to hoping if no one purchases this box turtle it will at least give her somewhere to look for better care information.