Anyone have a few Painted Turtles for sale?

DE42

Hello, everyone.

I know it's been a long time since I've been on here but I was thinking about getting a painted turtle for my now empty 80 gallon aquarium. Preferably eastern or southern painted as those are also "native" around here and I want to maintain a native tank. The only other thing I've considered adding a couple of bluegill from my outdoor pond.

I'm not in a big rush as it will be a little time before I will be set up and the shipping weather will be better.

I know everyone on here takes good care of their pets and knows what they are talking about, so i thought id come here and look first. I mainly am looking for a healthy sub-adult to young adult turtle.

I have reptile experience but not much turtle/tortoise experience in particular. That is why I am looking for something a little older as they will be a little more forgiving as I go through the learning curve.

If anyone wants to ask more questions I will be happy to answer them.

Thank you.

snakeboy10

Location (City and/or State)
US
Underground reptiles always seems to have babies in stock. I know a pet store near me that has healthy babies as well.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
What's your location?
I'm nursing 5 baby map turtles that I found some idiots stomping to death a few months ago. They're fine. But small.
You can have a few for free if you can pick them up.
I'm in Sunrise.

DE42

What's your location?
I'm nursing 5 baby map turtles that I found some idiots stomping to death a few months ago. They're fine. But small.
You can have a few for free if you can pick them up.
I'm in Sunrise.
Thanks but I live in eastern TN so that would be quite a drive.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Thanks but I live in eastern TN so that would be quite a drive.
Figures...
I'm doomed to keep these forever.
I released one into my fish pond a few months ago.....The larger RES in that photo...And he promptly disappeared.
I thought you might be in Florida because of the Underground Reptiles mention.
Riann, the owner, is a friend of mine.

DE42

As far as supplies go I have plenty of lamps and even a few unused uvb bulbs from when I had bearded dragons. So I think I am good there.

I'm not sure on what the laws is there about exporting out of state if you could ship.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
As far as supplies go I have plenty of lamps and even a few unused uvb bulbs from when I had bearded dragons. So I think I am good there.

I'm not sure on what the laws is there about exporting out of state if you could ship.
These are Florida indigenous.
I'm probably breaking a law just by saving them from being stomped to death.

DE42

These are Florida indigenous.
I'm probably breaking a law just by saving them from being stomped to death.
I see. Yeah the law can be like that sometimes. We have res native in a stream and ponds near me but it's a massive fine if they catch you removing them.

Melis

Maryland
Have you checked any local rescues? I live in Maryland, so rescues are always full of painteds and sliders for adoption. Not sure about your location though.

DE42

Have you checked any local rescues? I live in Maryland, so rescues are always full of painteds and sliders for adoption. Not sure about your location though.
I do not know of any around here but I can look. Thanks for the suggestion.

DE42

Well no one around here has the painted turtles lol. Lots and lots of RES but thats not really what im lioking for.
I put for a notification email to be sent from UGR if they get more in. But my search continues.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Well no one around here has the painted turtles lol. Lots and lots of RES but thats not really what im lioking for.
I put for a notification email to be sent from UGR if they get more in. But my search continues.
Good luck Dan. I hope you find what you are looking for.

DE42

Thanks. I am still waiting to get my first tortoise but i thought i could do a EPT or SPT in my 80 gallon tank.