Anyone have answers on size difference?

WingerTorts

Location (City and/or State)
Newberg, OR
We have 2 Sulcatas we got at the same time from the same clutch. Why are they so different is size? They have grown up right next to each other. The little one has had a few problems with his eyes closing and we did soaks like we were told and vitamins and such. He seems pretty hardy now but still the size difference is interesting. The big ones name is Napoleon and the little Alexander.

Attachments

• 20190123_144825.jpg
    20190123_144825.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 26

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Greetings and Welcome.

Do some searches on “bullying” and about not keeping two torts together. You are seeing the impacts of one tort bullying the other - day, night, morning, noon and night 24x7x 365. One is dominant and the “baby” is submissive.

How do you resolve? You need to separate ASAP and create two separate enclosures, two separate everything. OR you need to find a good home for one of the two. If you don’t, the submissive one will always have issues.

Best of luck and Happy Torting

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Classic sign of bullying. They need to be separated.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
This is very true & I agree they should be separated ASAP...but I also need to say that I have two that were only kept together the first 2-3 days.... now, 9 month later one weighs 468 and the other 264... so I have also asked this question..