Anyone have any cute names for a dream tortoise?

Which name do you like best?

• Pumpkin

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Pekoe

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Kiwi

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

SunnySideUp

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
As some TF members may have seen me post on here before, my name is Julie and I am looking forward (actually, counting the days is more like it) to spring so I can adopt a darling little tortoise companion. Unfortunately, I have this terrible habit about being indecisive about pet names, along with being awfully particular. I figured that it would be a good idea to get the pot stirring with some suggestions from you guys! I have a few ideas of my own, though.

The names I have come up with so far would be Kiwi, Pekoe, and Pumpkin. Don't ask me why two of them are food based, haha :p. If I could be certain about the gender of my tortoise, I may consider naming a girl tortoise Tulip, but because there can be so much uncertainty concerning the sexing of juveniles, I'd prefer to have something gender-neutral. I like really sappy, cute pet names, and I typically don't like "human" names for pets, like Tom or Tyler or something like that. If you have any suggestions for me, please, share! Or vote on any of the names I already have that you like best.

reatrocity

5 Year Member
West Virginia, United States
Pekoe is cute, and unique. But really, I think your best bet is to think which names pops up in your head most often. There were so many names I considered with Morgan, but I don't know, Morgan always came back to mind! :) I can give you a few though, since I love naming things. What kind of tortoise are you getting?

Apple, Happy, Pokie, Berry, Sunny, Desert, Cinder, Cinnamon, Rain, Vine, Zephyr, Pebble, Dream(er)...

:) There ya go! Good luck! Tortoises sure are awesome!

SunnySideUp

5 Year Member
Michigan
Thanks so much for your suggestions! Pebble is a cute name, so is Pokie and Apple. Ooh, if only I had a dozen tortoises! That would make it easier, right? Maybe... :)

I plan on getting a Hermann's tortoise, actually! Your Morgan looks adorable

SunnySideUp

5 Year Member
Michigan
There are no breeders closeby, and because I live in Michigan, it's far too cold to ship currently. I have to wait until spring for the warmer weather.

norma.b

St Lucia ESTUARY KZN South Africa
As some TF members may have seen me post on here before, my name is Julie and I am looking forward (actually, counting the days is more like it) to spring so I can adopt a darling little tortoise companion. Unfortunately, I have this terrible habit about being indecisive about pet names, along with being awfully particular. I figured that it would be a good idea to get the pot stirring with some suggestions from you guys! I have a few ideas of my own, though.

The names I have come up with so far would be Kiwi, Pekoe, and Pumpkin. Don't ask me why two of them are food based, haha :p. If I could be certain about the gender of my tortoise, I may consider naming a girl tortoise Tulip, but because there can be so much uncertainty concerning the sexing of juveniles, I'd prefer to have something gender-neutral. I like really sappy, cute pet names, and I typically don't like "human" names for pets, like Tom or Tyler or something like that. If you have any suggestions for me, please, share! Or vote on any of the names I already have that you like best.
Buttons and Bows

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
The only reason I voted Pumpkin is because it's one that you like enough to suggest. It's also a pet name for anyone that a person loves dearly such as a child. I named my little Russian Sapphire because he's a walking rock. A beautiful diamond in the ruff but they also call them a Russian Blue 💙 and he's my most precious asset.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Suppose the tortoise you get, and have already named "Sunny", turns out to not be at all sunny looking or even acting. Then what? I can't imagine naming an animal before I see it. Unless I had another one that died and I decided to name the future one in its honour. But that's just me. Anyway, what about "Thud"? Or Plod. Crunch. Rumble.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Suppose the tortoise you get, and have already named "Sunny", turns out to not be at all sunny looking or even acting. Then what? I can't imagine naming an animal before I see it. Unless I had another one that died and I decided to name the future one in its honour. But that's just me. Anyway, what about "Thud"? Or Plod. Crunch. Rumble.
Or bulldozer 😅 dozer for short 😁

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
By the way, just a random, irrelevant question. How many of us here have a Sheldon?