anyone have connections to the Central Texas Tortoise Rescue San Marcos, TX ?

christykindness

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fallon, NV
ok its a long shot, but I think I may have found my long lost box turtle Soo-Nipi. Here's the story: He was my first. I met him in a small town pet store in New Hampshire, and it was love at first sight. I was only eight, but I knew my heart. I was an awkward shy kid, and 'Nips was my best pal. I taught him to do tricks, he would come when I call, he went everywhere with me. My senior year my family had to move to a new town. Like I said I was pretty awkward as a kid, and it developed into full fledge geekiness in high school. My brother had a few friends over one day, and they thought it would be funny to kidnap Soo-Nipi. They took him to a park, "messed around" with him then got distracted. He wandered off and they couldn't find him. It was three days before any of them were willing to tell us the whole story. I never found him. I searched for him for years. I have no pictures of him but know exactly how he looks. He had a mottle "faded" looking shell, red scales on his forarms, red eyes (obviously), a white muzzle, white "beauty marks" under the eyes, and his most distinguishing feature was a "false face" on his butt. Two eyes and an open scowling mouth. I have looked for this combination of features for 25 years and a few days ago I think I found him. The link below shows his ad, I've sent an email to them asking if he has a false face. I've not received a response. They have one large enclosure, and the ad states that box adoptions go by who might be out that day. I'm sure that they may be preparing for hibernation which makes it even more difficult. Like I said- it's a long shot. How could he have gone from NH to TX? But what if it is him? If anyone has ideas, or could help I would be very appreciative! Thanks for listening!

https://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/37011658