Anyone in the Tampa Florida area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanieltheAnvil

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bradenton, Florida
Hey, I'm just south of Tampa and i'm looking to meet others who sahre some tortoise love! I have a sulcata and i'm looking to get more!

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
Used to live there, attended USF, but have since moved back to my hometown of Denver. Lovely town though, Tampa. Probably my favorite place in Florida. :)

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
DanieltheAnvil said:
Hey, I'm just south of Tampa and i'm looking to meet others who sahre some tortoise love! I have a sulcata and i'm looking to get more!

Hi there! I'm in your area. I have 2 sulcatas. Florida weather is wonderful for them. :)

DanieltheAnvil

5 Year Member
Bradenton, Florida
Hi there! I'm in your area. I have 2 sulcatas. Florida weather is wonderful for them. :)
[/quote]

Hey! I agree the weather makes it easy to keep such great animals. I am not new to reptiles but this is my first sulcata. I've loved them since the first day I saw them.

I'm always interested in talking to people who live near me. we go through the same sun, rain, storms, and mild winters and its great to bounce Ideas back and forth.

herbortamus

5 Year Member
Florida
Hi! I'm in Florida but on the other coast. I do however know a couple who live in your area that have a house overflowing with reptiles. The gentleman is the president of a small turtle/tortoise club I belong to. We meet on the third Tuesday of every month (except December) in Oakland. Here is the website for the club. The site is a little out of date, but the next meeting is on the 20th. It also has directions to the Oakland Nature Reserve.

http://www.turtleandtortoiseclubofflorida.com/index.html

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Boohoo, this post makes me sad. I was born in Orlando but my parents moved us back to their home state of Indiana. Then I moved to Tampa but moved back to Indiana in 2000 cause my kids still lived in Indiana. I lived in Temple Terrace. God I miss it!!! Good luck on your hunt for others! :) And send me a bottle of sand, sea, and sunshine! :p I love the gulf coast!

Status
Not open for further replies.