Anyone know what this is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chandlerpeanuts

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Big Pine Key, Florida
I was thinking it was a tiny hibiscus plant but it's just growing in the yard. Looks more like a weed, but once I looked closer it resembled the hibiscus bush in the backyard. The flower was pulled off of the rest of the plant, which I've included a photo of.ImageUploadedByTortForum1379608272.436891.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1379608282.350129.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Well ... I have narrowed it down to 2 ....
either ..

1- potentilla shrub
2- Yellow Alder / Turnea uimifolia

so far .....my two guesses ..:rolleyes:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Looks like some sort of berry vine. Are there vicious stickers all up and down the stems?

Sorry...tried to find it in an image search and came up empty. Cut off a whole branch and take it in to a plant nursery. They should be able to help you. Once it's identified, we can search to see if it's edible or not.

chandlerpeanuts

5 Year Member
Big Pine Key, Florida
Yvonne G said:
Looks like some sort of berry vine. Are there vicious stickers all up and down the stems?

Sorry...tried to find it in an image search and came up empty. Cut off a whole branch and take it in to a plant nursery. They should be able to help you. Once it's identified, we can search to see if it's edible or not.

No, there are no stickers or thorns or anything of the sort. Thank you for the nursery idea though!

EKLC

5 Year Member
This is called southern sida, it's in the mallow family, so I let them eat it

It might not be exactly southern sida, but it's a type of sida for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.