Anyone know what this pimple like growth on my diamondback terrapin's eyelid is?

Voyager

Location (City and/or State)
Port Washington
I was feeding my male.diamondback terrapin today and I noticed a white dot above his eye. I took him out and took a closer look under the light. It looks like a group of pimples. They are around the same position on both of his eyes. Anyone seen this before or know what it is?

IMG_20201124_171503.jpgIMG_20201124_171452.jpgIMG_20201124_171258.jpg

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
I don't know and I don't know why you have not yet received a response!
But the turtle is gorgeous. I hope it's a normal thing on his eyes.
Anyone???

Voyager

Port Washington
Thank you. I have been asking around and no one seems to know what it is. So far it doesn't look like it's gotten worse and she is behaving normally.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Someone more expert than I am will soon come along here, I am sure.

Yossarian

5 Year Member
Wales
Probably no one answering because the photos are out of focus. Try taking the shots with the turtle further from the camera, the best light is ambient natural light with no direct light sources.

Voyager

Port Washington
I circled the area. Let me know if this helps

Attachments

• IMG_20201124_171503__01.jpg
    IMG_20201124_171503__01.jpg
    817.7 KB · Views: 34

Aloysius Taschse

Mainly Texas
I see - I'm no expert here, but it could just be calcium globs that have collected there. Have you tried brushing it off? I know I wouldn't probably have tried since I would get really worried I would hurt the eye. It is probably nothing to worry about, but again, I'm no expert and I just wanted to offer my opinion/thoughts. If it gets big and your tortoise closes its eye for long periods of time while it is active and doing things I would get it checked it out a a vet.

Voyager

Port Washington
I thought it might've been something like that as well, since my water is on the hard side, and used a wet piece of tissue to lightly wipe it. I didn't want to hurt her so I didn't really use any pressure. It didn't come off but I don't know if that's because I didn't wipe hard enough or if it's not calcium deposit. It looks like a pimple that humans get. So far there is no real change in terms of it getting bigger or smaller as far as I can tell. She doesn't even wipe her eye or anything so I guess it doesn't bother her. I am keeping a close eye on case of any changes.

Voyager

Port Washington
No she's always been in a freshwater setup. The breeder I got her from also keeps his turtles in freshwater setups.

Voyager

Port Washington
I haven't been able to. It's too close to her eye and she gets very nippy if my finger goes near her head. Just from observing, there hasn't been any changes.