Anyone know what type of box turtle he is?

OR*Tort*lover

Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
He's listed in his paperwork as an eastern box turtle, but I've never seen an eastern box turtle who looked like him. Could any of you ID him for me?

20191024_110423.jpg 20190812_141010.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It's a male three toe with overgrown beak and claws (Terrapene carolina triunguis).

(Paperwork???)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
On second look, maybe he IS a really, really old eastern who has lost his shell pattern. I see four toes on the back foot. Can I see a picture of his plastron?

OR*Tort*lover

Oregon
Just his records I mean. He's seen education animal for a place I volunteer. I don't have a pic of his plastron right now but when I'm there on Saturday. I can also mention the overgrown beak. He was dropped last year and broke his bottom beak arms that's growing back nicely now but he's been "retired" and they are thinking of finding him a new home. I'm trying to talk my husband into letting me take him in the spring when I can keep him outside.

Relic

Here
On second look, maybe he IS a really, really old eastern who has lost his shell pattern. I see four toes on the back foot. Can I see a picture of his plastron?
Occasionally, three-toeds have four rear claws. I know, it makes no sense, but being a sub-species of the Eastern family, with past inbreeding, it happens. I've got a cousin with four toes, but that's a different kind of inbreeding...

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
I would guess a western box turtle