Anyone knows what this plant is plss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ismail

5 Year Member
Hi there!

During this period we have a lot of this weed. it is very much similar to stinging nettle, but it does not irritate your skin. Anyone knows what it is and whether i can feed it to my greeks?

Thanks again for your help ;)

Attachments

• 27112012574.jpg
    27112012574.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 27112012573.jpg
    27112012573.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 31

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Do those berries mature to a very dark purple, almost black? It looks very much like deadly nightshade (Atropa bella donna) and it is toxic.

ismail

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Do those berries mature to a very dark purple, almost black? It looks very much like deadly nightshade (Atropa bella donna) and it is toxic.

No, they do not produce berries. the tip of the plant produces like a yellowish seed....

redbeef

5 Year Member
looks like some kind of amaranth or another chenopodiacaea...I think I saw someone on here say that amaranth and relatives were a feed in moderation, but I'm sure tortoisetable will give you more specific info, especially if you can find your exact species

ismail

5 Year Member
I found on google that it is Dog's Mercury and should not be given to torts as it is poisonous...

one of my torts got a slight nibble to one while in the garden. i was quick to remove it from there but am still afraid she swallowed a small piece. Am sure that if she ate, she got just a small nibble.... I hope she'll be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.