anyone recommend a reputable breeder for Egyptian Torts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious_turtle

5 Year Member
Hi everyone! I am new to this forum, but not new to the hobby(as in aquatic turtles..). I joined the forum as I wanted to be able to post any questions in regards to keeping small species of Tortoise... I am thinking either Egyptian or Russians at this moment, but is heading more towards to Egyptian at the moment.
Does anyone have any experience purchasing this species online, and have any recommendation on reputable breeder who keeps this particular species? Any advise would be appreciated.. thank you.

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
There is a good breeder in Texas I have purchased from in the past. It may be a few months before he has any or could ship. I also know a guy in Florida who breeds them. PM me and I can get you their contact info. Egyptians are A LOT more money than Russians and harder yo keep, so take that into consideration.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Curious_Turtle:

Welcome to our Tortoise Forum family!!

What would you like us to call you? ...and may we know appx. where in the world you are?

Curious_turtle

5 Year Member
hi Yvonne!
you can call me Candice, and I am new New!
I initially wanted the Egyptian tortoise for their size, but upon extensive research and readings on this forum, have decided against it as I am located in a cold cold Bean town(Boston, MA). I am now looking into Russian or Western Hermann's tortoise or possibly Eastern hermann's.
Thank you for the welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.