Anyone see the Rose Parade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alhambra, CA
How many of you watched the Rose Parade this morning? Alhambra's float was in there and we here of course were so proud. It had our mayor (Dr. Steve Placido) on it (He's a long time friend of my husbands family), but Bob Eubanks didn't even mention his name, instead he decides to mention the girlfriend killer "Phil Spector" because he's from Alhambra, we couldn't believe that. Oh well. Was anyone elses float in the parade? I was lucky last night I went out shopping and actually came across them moving 5 of the floats so I got to see them up close and personal. :D Right now my husband (Cal) is waiting for the Boy Scout float so he can our Boy Scout Scout Master. :D Our across the street neighbors went last night to camp out and asked us if we wanted to go, but it's warmer right here in front of our TV. :p I am so sad because I just realized that I woke up late and missed going outside and seeing the Navy Fighters fly over. :( I had to just watch it on the TV (not the same) although it still gave me chills to see it. They did the missing man formation for the former President of the Rose Parade who had recently died. It was awesome.

webskipper

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
AZ
Saw parts of it. Do you have a pic of the float?

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
No sorry I don't, but they do replay the Rose Parade all day long on KTLA. That's Channel 5 here. :D

Shelly

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Southern California
My wife is from Alhambra. Her family has lived there since the 1920's. 3 generations of "Moors".

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
So has my husbands family. His mother and grandfather went to Alhambra High School (like himself) and his father went to Mark Keppell. Rivals. Where did your wife go to high school (and when)? My husband graduated in 1973 and our last name is Rinard. Actually I came on here this time just to complain about missing the navy fighters again when they flew over the Rose Bowl! I can't believe it I ran outside and there were my neighbors, one of them saw it and the other one was like me too late! :( I love seeing them, I was so bumbed to miss it. :(

So has my husbands family. His mother and grandfather went to Alhambra High School (like himself) and his father went to Mark Keppell. Rivals. My older sons also went there. Where did your wife go to high school (and when)? My husband graduated in 1973 and our last name is Rinard. Actually I came on here this time just to complain about missing the navy fighters again when they flew over the Rose Bowl! I can't believe it I ran outside and there were my neighbors, one of them saw it and the other one was like me too late! :( I love seeing them, I was so bumbed to miss it. :(

Shelly

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Southern California
Those planes flew right over my house in Toluca Lake. I thought WWIII was starting.
My wife seems to remember somebody named "Chuck" Rinard from Alhambra High. Is that a family member?

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Shelly said:
Those planes flew right over my house in Toluca Lake. I thought WWIII was starting.
My wife seems to remember somebody named "Chuck" Rinard from Alhambra High. Is that a family member?

Well yes it is, that's my brother-in-law. Small world. What was Shelly's maiden name and I'll ask Chuck on Sunday (we're having a party) if he remembers her.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I'm sorry Shelly I meant your wife's first name and maiden name. I have now taken a nap as when I wrote that I was so tired I wasn't paying much attention. :rolleyes:

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Are they even neater up close and personal? It boggles my mind how they come up with some of the items they decide to use on those. Would enjoy getting up close to them and even more getting to watch them actually decorating the floats.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I tend to watch it thru out the day don't actually sit and watch but I heard two things about it first time broadcasting in china and there was a float of snowboarding bulldogs ( I did not see it) Now I do not know if they were actual animals or flower dogs, but I would have like to see that one.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
That one was awesome. It had real Bulldogs snowboarding down a ramp. And it had someone holding a baby Bulldoy too. I've got to admit that was the funniest one to watch. :D

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
One of the hits this year in terms of floats was the Natural Balance Pet Food's float that featured snowboarding bulldogs. The float was entered into the Guinness Book of World Records, not for the prowess of its talented dogs, but because it was the longest float in the world at 114 feet. Crowds cheered when the float made the 90 degree turn on the parade route almost louder than they did for the snowboarding bulldogs sliding down the slope.

Status
Not open for further replies.