Anyone see this video on the deformed Tortise with wheels?

Sa Ga

Location (City and/or State)
MN
It almost looks like conjoined twins, where his back end is actually part of a dead twin.

LaLaP

5 Year Member
Portland, OR
This little tort named Helix recently passed away sadly. I was watching his progress on Instagram. He was such a little fighter and it seemed like he would be totally fine despite his disability but sadly he just died one day. There is a children's book about him and t-shirts and such. Sweet little guy was getting kinda famous.

Sa Ga

MN
This little tort named Helix recently passed away sadly. I was watching his progress on Instagram. He was such a little fighter and it seemed like he would be totally fine despite his disability but sadly he just died one day. There is a children's book about him and t-shirts and such. Sweet little guy was getting kinda famous.

Sad, but thank u for the update!

I'm not surprised he failed to thrive in the end. It had to be hard on his system to be flipped around. I would think his digestion and passing of stools would be affected.

May the cutie rest on peace and kudos to the man who gave him a loving time on earth.

LaLaP

5 Year Member
Portland, OR
They took X-rays and I think an MRI too and it wasn't all that bad. It was just his spine and back legs that were deformed. He was eating and pooping really well for his life of 6 months. He actually died of something respitory related but not an RI.

Sa Ga

MN
I'm just so glad his owner took the time and cost to get him medical care along the way.

One thing I've noticed is that a lot of us here are extremely dedicated to our little guys!

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
I think this was good for the kids (and maybe some older "kids") to experience, a lesson in compassion and caring for something so "needy". Who knows, maybe he would have lived longer even than he did, if handled differently? Or not.