Anyone use the plastic totes long-term?

lautanner

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Hi, everyone. I know there are a bunch of threads on here about plastic totes. My Hermanns is 4 years old and he is in a wooden 4x4 enclosure, which is WAY too small. I would love an 8x3 enclosure built out of wood, but I was also wondering: has anyone done the DIY connected plastic totes for long term indoor care? The nice thing about them is that you can just keep adding and adding, without needing a lot of hardware and tools. Any thoughts?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hi, everyone. I know there are a bunch of threads on here about plastic totes. My Hermanns is 4 years old and he is in a wooden 4x4 enclosure, which is WAY too small. I would love an 8x3 enclosure built out of wood, but I was also wondering: has anyone done the DIY connected plastic totes for long term indoor care? The nice thing about them is that you can just keep adding and adding, without needing a lot of hardware and tools. Any thoughts?
I have not used them for long term, about 2 years, but I did connect to together. I see no problem in using them longer and connecting as needed. Much better then housing in too small of an enclosure.
Another way, when space is an issue, is to build up. Multiple levels with ramps to each level.