Anyone used AcuLink wifi thermometer?

NDevon

Location (City and/or State)
North Devon, UK
Im looking for a good quality thermometer and hygrometer that can track the environmental conditions in an indoor enclosure and be accessible over wifi using an iPhone app. No, I don't really need it, but it would be useful and I love gadgets. I thought there would be loads of solutions, most seem to be full blown weather systems that you can put in the garden to collect wind, rain, air pressure, humidity and temperature information, and they are big units.

I found some made by a company called Acurite, the system is called AcuLink, and it looks really reasonable. They sell wind speed and rain collectors, but the basic system is a free app, a bridge to connect the system to your wifi router ($70) and the sensors seem small and practical costing $13 each, useful as I would want a few throughout a large enclosure. The sensor collects temperature and humidity data, the app tracks data over periods of time as well as giving instant updates (every 16 seconds) and is suitable for outdoor use - kind of obvious as its for measuring weather conditions.

It looks good, I can't see that they sell it in the UK but have sent them an email as they may ship it for me, but before I order I wanted to see if anyone has used them. Does anyone have any other similar products they use? I like the idea of having multiple sensors in multiple enclosures that I can track from one device.

keepergale

5 Year Member
san diego
I am not familiar with the Aculink system but everyone seems to like the Acurite brand thermometer/hydrometer combos.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
I got some acurite temp/ hygro units several months ago and am very pleased with them. I also wanted remote reading from a base unit but did not get the Internet link yet so can't speak to that. I am considering adding that though.

NDevon

North Devon, UK
Thanks both, sounds good. They sell some of their stuff in the UK but not the bits I wanted, but there are always ways to get stuff shipped