Anyone want a JUMBO cactus pad?

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Hi friends,

I have a big ole cactus pad that I need to cut off. This one would be really good to propagate, and I don't need any more plants so I thought I would offer this to anyone that can come and get it in Chandler, AZ. Its more than 22 inches long and 11 inches wide. I'm not sure what type it is, but it is about as spineless as you could hope for. It does have some glochids and new pads will sometimes have thin spikes that eventually fall off. I've attached a picture of the mother plant for your reference. The tortoises love this variety.

Free to a good home, or $20 to a bad home. I'd rather not ship, but if you send me a box and pay for shipping I'd be happy to pack it up.

Thanks friends. I hope you all are well. Drop me a line sometime, I'd love to hear from my tortoise friends.

Nealio
480-five one zero-7813

Cactus 1.jpgCactus 2.jpgCactus 3.jpgCactus 4.jpg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
NEAL!

We have a bunch of new members with little sulcatas and leopards near you. We've been talking a lot about diet lately too, so hopefully one of them will reach out.

I sent somebody looking for stars to you. I gave them your name and Kingsley too.

Ranger406

Orange County, California
I would definitely be interested as I'm sure I will be feeding them to my tort once I find the right one! Where are they located? Are they available for pickup or able to be mailed?

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
JUNBO for sure. We also have some very large one in our backyard too.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Wow, that's a beaut! I also love your garden shown in the background!

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
NEAL!

We have a bunch of new members with little sulcatas and leopards near you. We've been talking a lot about diet lately too, so hopefully one of them will reach out.

I sent somebody looking for stars to you. I gave them your name and Kingsley too.

Unfortunately, I have sold off my remaining adult stars. All I have now are the last couple of babies I produced.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I would definitely be interested as I'm sure I will be feeding them to my tort once I find the right one! Where are they located? Are they available for pickup or able to be mailed?

I'm in AZ. I think pick-up is the best option since this pad is so huge. But if you want to ship me a box and a shipping label, I'd happily mail it out to you.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Unfortunately, I have sold off my remaining adult stars. All I have now are the last couple of babies I produced.
Copy that. Kingsley will probably have some.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Could you grow it indoors?
Can't hurt to try. They need heat and intense sun to grow. If you put it near a hot south facing window you might get something going.

Sa Ga

MN
Can't hurt to try. They need heat and intense sun to grow. If you put it near a hot south facing window you might get something going.
How about my old MVB I'm no longer using for Morla? Lol

Sa Ga

MN
Lol. I'd actually be totally willing to! I just need someone to send me a pad then! I think that'd be a fun project--and I know Morla would love it!!!

@Neal , if you want to mail it to me (overnight or 2-day, do you think?), I can send you money to cover it. PM me!

Lrodmyre

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lindstrom, MN
@Sa Ga , I also live in MN and grow cactus for my Indian Stars. I've attached a picture. These were both started last spring. I bought pads on ebay. There is a spineless cactus that can withstand -20 to -30 degrees. I grew a big one for 5 years outside. Then after winter, something had eaten it so it didn't come back. I just put straw over it to help keep it a little warmer. Just look on Ebay for spineless cactus and look for the ones that can handle minus temps. Some people call them MN cactus, but they are the spineless kind.
The cactus in the back is called Old Mexico. The one in the front is a spineless cactus. I just have them in cactus soil and put them outside in the spring.

Attachments

• 20200411_154722.jpg
    20200411_154722.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 7