Anyones tort hate being sprayed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekm5015

5 Year Member
I spray my sulcata Bert around 3-5 times per day. Everytime I do he seems to hate it and runs for cover. Actually he just seems to be very timid in general even after a few months of having him, but especially when I spray his shell. I keep the spray bottle on the plexiglass that covers my tort enclosure. The bottle is directly over a che, so it stays warm. Anyway, does anyone elses tort hate being sprayed down?

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
FL
Nelson is indifferent. He will sometimes retract into his shell, but that's usually only if I spray his head/face- I can't imagine that would be pleasant anyways :p
I wouldn't say he enjoys in OR hates it. He usually just sits there when I spray his carapace.

DaveTheDadHaileeTheDaughter

5 Year Member
Ohio
My two at first pull their heads in for a second then extend them out to be sprayed, they seem to love it, same as when I soak em, I dip water and dribble over them with my hand, same response from them.

moswen

5 Year Member
yana and fina seem to find that it messes up their hair; they pull in but stay still. mos freaks out like the british are coming, pulls in, jumps out, runs around, dives for cover... any of the above and all at once someitmes. lemon and dr. parnassus bask in it, they love to be sprayed. they have asked for more frequently. i don't spray tula, she's an adult now. but she likes her humid hide.

TLL

5 Year Member
Southern Calif.
Chubs just sits there..
and Bubba retracts.. sometimes..

interesting behavior though !

tobibaby

5 Year Member
SoCal
moswen said:
yana and fina seem to find that it messes up their hair; they pull in but stay still. mos freaks out like the british are coming, pulls in, jumps out, runs around, dives for cover... any of the above and all at once someitmes. lemon and dr. parnassus bask in it, they love to be sprayed. they have asked for more frequently. i don't spray tula, she's an adult now. but she likes her humid hide.

YOU just killed me w/ ur post.. i laughed so hard my side hurts now..love it..poor mos mos i want to hug him :D
My Tobi likes it but he always wipes his face and pulls in after i spray him..and he loves the hose when i put it on shower mode he sticks his head out and does a little dance for me :p

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Some times the hatchlings are shy at first, them they love it once they get use to being sprayed. Our adults love it always.

M

Maggie Cummings

I hate spraying and don't do it at all. I just keep a moist substrate by pouring water over the soil and mixing it up with my hand...easier that way...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.