Apollo... or help me pick a name!

Status
Not open for further replies.

caymaria

5 Year Member
I never really properly introduced myself...name is Cayla from NJ. I came to the board under some sad circumstances with the passing of my last baby, but happy to introduce the newest Greek member, "baby Apollo born in July 2010". (maybe you all can suggest some better names!)

Here he/she is! This is when she first arrived today so she looks a little "dusty" :)

Attachments

• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    70.9 KB · Views: 38

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Cayla:

Welcome! to you and little Apollo. I love names like greek gods for greek tortoises, or african names for leopards and sulcatas, etc. But I'd be willing to be you'll shorten it to something like Polly in the future :D

Cameron

10 Year Member!
Oklahoma
well, i named one of my tortoises "Thundernuts", so you may not want any help with names from me! You got a great looking tortoise, by the way!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Welcome! I like Apollo myself. :cool: Looks liked a very pretty little one. Glad your giving it another try. :tort:

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
spain
Hi and welcome, what a cutie you have,
I like native American names,
Shouldn't worry to much about the name,
when I got Mini she was that size, and now she is no longer mini as she weighs over a kilo, more like Godzilla.:p

I have another about the same size as Apollo, his name is Midget,but I think I need to change it, never have I seen such a active tort or one that is constantly eating.

When I get up there he/she is waiting at the food bowl,as soon as I put my hand in it races over and tries eating my finger, thing is she is about 5grams underweight,

If it's a boy I will change it to something like fats, fatboy, speedy, gutsy.:D:D

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Apollo sounds like a good name, and like Yvonne said Polly would work if you have to change it in the future...

caymaria

5 Year Member
Well, my boyfriend calls him "Jeter", I call him "Tater" (all of my past tortoises were named Tater) and his mother calls him "Apollo". The little one has 3 names :) But I think I will stick with Tater (out of habit) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.