Apparently my winter enclosure isn't good enough :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Nice offer... but if you get a hatchling you will start from scratch and another enclosure, and you won't be using what he built for several years... maybe you can sell it..
I was going thru a rescue when I first fell for these guys too.. they said they had many in need, so we spent about a grand on fencing, housing etc.. fenced off a huge area and were then told sorry.. we dont do adoptions anymore... so I went elsewhere.. and took one in that really needed a home.. he was very small.. so we set up a whole new place for him... then more came... and I now have 4 !
so be patient..
For me . i didnt want a hatchling. They live a long time, Im into rescues, and I saw so many go thru the hatchling heartaches....
I wanted big... NOW... HA!

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Well its my pleasure. Ive been given alot of great oportunities in my young life. The times that were generosity towards me were the most that could never portray a price or hold a value. I would love to see your endevor into the tortoise community and hobby see the world that we livee in as a place to love an animal and cherrish these animals. Its part of my organizations dudiligence to keep these beautiful animals a part of our world, and keep society at bay with helping these bueatiful animals whether endangered or super popular. Again my view would be to adopt first. But my wee ones are always available to show a form of graditude to future owners such as yourself.

TheTortoiseWhisperer

5 Year Member
Mandeville, Louisiana
EKLC said:
That looks like a great warm box, there will certainly be a sulcata of the right size that pops up on craigslist who will desperately need a new home (probably more desperately than a tort already at a rescue).

I HOPE SO EVAN!!!! :)

mary t

5 Year Member
Lakeland, florida
Good luck with your venture. I believe whatever is meant to be will be.... So if this rescue wants to jerk you around its because another tort needs you more. I have a rescue that I adore- lucky for me , he found me I had to find the funds to build his habitat.. Lol.. Anyway I'm in Lakeland, fl and would be happy to look in my area and help you ship anything we can find.. I did see this ad on our Craigslist this morning. It's a few miles from me but I'm thinking these are big guys.. Not to mention the cost is outrageous, in my opinion. Anyway you can search Lakeland, fl on Craigslist listed under pets. I screen snapped part of the add... Good luck.. pM me if you see something I can help you with..

View attachment 25782

TheTortoiseWhisperer

5 Year Member
Mandeville, Louisiana
mary t said:
Good luck with your venture. I believe whatever is meant to be will be.... So if this rescue wants to jerk you around its because another tort needs you more. I have a rescue that I adore- lucky for me , he found me I had to find the funds to build his habitat.. Lol.. Anyway I'm in Lakeland, fl and would be happy to look in my area and help you ship anything we can find.. I did see this ad on our Craigslist this morning. It's a few miles from me but I'm thinking these are big guys.. Not to mention the cost is outrageous, in my opinion. Anyway you can search Lakeland, fl on Craigslist listed under pets. I screen snapped part of the add... Good luck.. pM me if you see something I can help you with..

View attachment 25782
Thank you MARYYYY!!!! another very sweet offer, unfortunately I cant afford $1800.00 for them….Hopefully she'll find them a good home!!!!

mary t

5 Year Member
Lakeland, florida
TheTortoiseWhisperer said:
Thank you MARYYYY!!!! another very sweet offer, unfortunately I cant afford $1800.00 for them….Hopefully she'll find them a good home!!!!

Oh I agree, the cost is ridiculous.. But it gives you an idea of where to look. I will keep checking as well and my offer to help move one from this area still stands ...

TheTortoiseWhisperer

5 Year Member
Mandeville, Louisiana
[size=x-large][size=large]Hello Edna, Wellington, Laura, Tom, Tordadaise AKA Kelly H., AustinASU, Emysemys, EKLC & Mary T. As most of you know after being sooo upset and heart broken when the adoption that I thought was a sure thing didn't seem like it was going to go through I'm happy to announce that MY STORY HAS A HAPPY ENDING!!!!! :) It took me forever to fall asleep last night, I was way tooooo excited, I still am because it's official, IloveMyBengalCat & her family chose me and my family to adopt Mr. Carl & Miss Carla <---their two Sulcatas, I'm not sure when the'll be here but it could be as soon as this weekend…..Thank you all for all the good wishes!!! I promise to post pictures as soon as they get here!!!!!! THANKS AGAIN!!!! [/size][/size]

To all the administrators, please forgive me this one time if it's against forum rules to post that big and bold, I promise it's just a one time thing!!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.