Ar tegu or a ball python

Billna the 2

Location (City and/or State)
Smoaks sc
Hey guys I know that this is way of topic but I'm sure that there's some one with multiple reptiles, any way should I get a ball python or a black and white tegu? I've don't research on both and still can't decide [emoji16]

baldegale

Hey guys I know that this is way of topic but I'm sure that there's some one with multiple reptiles, any way should I get a ball python or a black and white tegu? I've don't research on both and still can't decide [emoji16]

id go with a BP, tegus need a lot of attention and a giant enclosure and feeding can be expensive. BPs need a lot less space, cost effective on feeding, and only need to be handled once every couple days

Billna the 2

Smoaks sc
id go with a BP, tegus need a lot of attention and a giant enclosure and feeding can be expensive. BPs need a lot less space, cost effective on feeding, and only need to be handled once every couple days
That's a really good point I forgot that you have to hold you tegu every day, do you think either or bond with you

baldegale

That's a really good point I forgot that you have to hold you tegu every day, do you think either or bond with you

snakes will bond with you i think, whether its because its you or if its because youre their food source im not sure. BPs are super calm and love being held and roaming around, a lot of times theyll find a warm spot and just cuddle up with you.

but a beginner BP setup you can get everything for like $150 or you can spend $200-$300 and have a life long good setup

Billna the 2

Smoaks sc
snakes will bond with you i think, whether its because its you or if its because youre their food source im not sure. BPs are super calm and love being held and roaming around, a lot of times theyll find a warm spot and just cuddle up with you.

but a beginner BP setup you can get everything for like $150 or you can spend $200-$300 and have a life long good setup
Wow think you, my question was answered I'll go with the BP

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Ok i will oh and from ur experience do (Ball pythons sort of form a bond?

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tortoise Forum mobile app
I wouldn't call it a bond. But maybe a trust. Or a familiarity with you and being handled.
But you still have to be extra careful when they are about to shed, because the eyes get cloudy and they can't see who or what you are. Some get defensive.

Billna the 2

Smoaks sc
I wouldn't call it a bond. But maybe a trust. Or a familiarity with you and being handled.
But you still have to be extra careful when they are about to shed, because the eyes get cloudy and they can't see who or what you are. Some get defensive.
Ok thanks alot for your help[emoji4]