Arbys Tortoises Commercial

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Broomfield, Colorado
Madkins007 said:
I cannot believe this has not been posted yet! Have you seen it, what do you think about it?

I'll try to find and post a link.
Ah hah!- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs99lRDf6CI&feature=player_embedded

I betcha that commercial is more fun to watch if you haven't spent countless hours watching and learning about turtles and tortoises, until you know exactly how and why they move.

Actually, these CGI animals are kind of annoying in general. Impressive, sure, but it's ridiculous how they look so realistic ... and yet are made to move in a completely ridiculous way. My favorite examples are the woolly mammoths of the film, 10,000 BC, or the brontosaurs of Peter Jackson's King Kong (one of my favorite movies). Multi-ton elephants are simply incapable of galloping, and no doubt sauropod dinosaurs couldn't gallop, either. I am also pretty tired of pet shop bunnies and guinea pigs that can sing and dance.

In short, I wish they would either stick to cartoons and avoid realism, or else go for realism and abandon the cartoons. But I really wish they would stop creating realistic cartoons and cartoonish realism. Sheesh. :p

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Lynnwood, WA
Haha, that's pretty cute. I like how they made the torts all bouncy!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I LOL'ed at that one, never seen it before.

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
I haven't seen that commercial before either, but it is pretty comical. Wonder why it hasn't been on the TV in many places.

Zouave

5 Year Member
Toronto
lol funny commercial but the sandwich looks nasty.

Jessicap

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
FernandoM said:
I'm glad they said tortoise and not "turtle" lol

I have seen this commercial a few times and that was my thought too... glad to hear them say tortoise and not turtle... lol

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
I am mildly annoyed at the unrealistic activities, and the suggestion that you can feed torts an Arby's sandwich...

BUT I think I am really happy that tortoises are getting a positive exposure and being portrayed as something other than 'living rocks'. Other than old Oogway in Kung Fu Panda, we don't have a lot of good tortoise actors!

wrmitchell22

5 Year Member
Southeast Arizona
Madkins007 said:
I am mildly annoyed at the unrealistic activities, and the suggestion that you can feed torts an Arby's sandwich...

BUT I think I am really happy that tortoises are getting a positive exposure and being portrayed as something other than 'living rocks'. Other than old Oogway in Kung Fu Panda, we don't have a lot of good tortoise actors!

WOW! Taking it way too seriously, chill out and enjoy the fact that is obviously meant to be silly. I am fairly certain any idiot that thinks a tortoise will act and eat that way won't be smart enough to acguire one. ;)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
wrmitchell22 said:
Madkins007 said:

WOW! Taking it way too seriously, chill out and enjoy the fact that is obviously meant to be silly. I am fairly certain any idiot that thinks a tortoise will act and eat that way won't be smart enough to acguire one. ;)
I have to agree with madkins, I have met a lot of dumb people owning tortoises and turtles, so who knows I may meet someone who tried to feed them an arby's sandwich, though to be honest the sandwich does not look very good.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
wrmitchell22 said:
Madkins007 said:

I either mis-stated my thoughts or was mis-understood. I LIKE this commercial. It is great that tortoises are getting some screen time and seen as fun things.

If this was a Disney movie, I might be worried. Animals Disney portrays often end up badly. Dalmatians and clown fish became favored pets after their respective movies, and most ended up dead or in shelters. Pet pigs were a smaller rage after Babe, etc.

But... if these things become as popular as the Geico day-gecko, we might have a problem again since lots of people have bought one of those poor things with little idea of how to keep them.

Right now, however, I get a chuckle out of the commercial every time I see it.

froghaven5

5 Year Member
New Jersey
1st time I've seen it. I thought it was pretty funny. Thanks for posting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.