Are any of these edible for a hermann torotise?

TisMary

Location (City and/or State)
New York
I live in ma so if anyone know some safe plants in ma that would be very helpful.
Hi @Rocky219. May I suggest a different approach? It will be more work for you, but you may find it gratifying! Take a look at this Reference List for Massachusetts Wildflower Identification compiled by US Wildflowers. There are several sites that have pictures you can look through. Or you can look at USW's own list of US Wildflower's Database of Wildflowers for Massachusetts . See if you recognize anything from these pictures (I bet you will!) Start slowly and pick out just one or two plants you recognize.

When you do, cross-reference with the Tortoise Table Plant Database to see what they say. You can search TT by the "common name" or the "botanical name". The latter is my preference. Common names are usually only "common" in a specific geographic area. Botanical names (sometimes called "Latin", or "binomial" names) identify the genus and species - they are pretty much universal. For example, in your MA list is a plant with a common name "Thimbleweed". If you search for this on TT, you won't get a hit. But if you search for "Anemone", the name of the genus, you will find that all species of Anemone are listed as DO NOT FEED

You'll get the hang of it and I hope you will have some fun doing it! Good luck!

Rocky219

Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
Hi @Rocky219. May I suggest a different approach? It will be more work for you, but you may find it gratifying! Take a look at this Reference List for Massachusetts Wildflower Identification compiled by US Wildflowers. There are several sites that have pictures you can look through. Or you can look at USW's own list of US Wildflower's Database of Wildflowers for Massachusetts . See if you recognize anything from these pictures (I bet you will!) Start slowly and pick out just one or two plants you recognize.

When you do, cross-reference with the Tortoise Table Plant Database to see what they say. You can search TT by the "common name" or the "botanical name". The latter is my preference. Common names are usually only "common" in a specific geographic area. Botanical names (sometimes called "Latin", or "binomial" names) identify the genus and species - they are pretty much universal. For example, in your MA list is a plant with a common name "Thimbleweed". If you search for this on TT, you won't get a hit. But if you search for "Anemone", the name of the genus, you will find that all species of Anemone are listed as DO NOT FEED

You'll get the hang of it and I hope you will have some fun doing it! Good luck!
Thank you!