Are apples, pears, and watermelon safe for a 30 day old sulcata?

Beartoto

Location (City and/or State)
Manila
Are these non-grass foods safe to feed on a daily basis? If not, are they safe for the occasional snack? I usually see videos online of torts eating juicy fruits and they look like they enjoy it a lot. If these fruits are safe, can I feed my baby them to my baby sulcata who is around 30 days old? I've had him for 2 days now and his diet mostly consists of greens like grass, lettuce, mulberry leaves, and hibiscus leaves.

If the fruits mentioned aren't safe, are there any foods/treats I can feed him occasionally that he'll enjoy? Thank you in advance! :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Are these non-grass foods safe to feed on a daily basis? If not, are they safe for the occasional snack? I usually see videos online of torts eating juicy fruits and they look like they enjoy it a lot. If these fruits are safe, can I feed my baby them to my baby sulcata who is around 30 days old? I've had him for 2 days now and his diet mostly consists of greens like grass, lettuce, mulberry leaves, and hibiscus leaves.

If the fruits mentioned aren't safe, are there any foods/treats I can feed him occasionally that he'll enjoy? Thank you in advance! :)
No. None of the above. Sulcatas should not e fed fruit of any kind. Not even as an occasional treat. Their digestive system are not meant to handle all that sugar and it messes them up.

Here is the correct care info for sulcatas. It explains the right foods as well:

Beartoto

Manila
No. None of the above. Sulcatas should not e fed fruit of any kind. Not even as an occasional treat. Their digestive system are not meant to handle all that sugar and it messes them up.

Here is the correct care info for sulcatas. It explains the right foods as well:
Thank you again for the help! :)) Definitely not feeding my baby tort any sort of fruit. Thanks also for the incredibly helpful care guide!

Reactions: Tom

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Thank you again for the help! :)) Definitely not feeding my baby tort any sort of fruit. Thanks also for the incredibly helpful care guide!
It's very common to see photos of people feeding fruit to Sulcata on the internet.
Especially FACEBOOK.
In fact, I just saw a photo from a "Reptile Rescue"that showed multiple tortoises species all eating watermelons.